Tumpat Travel Tips
(12 February, 2006)
(GPS: 6.19852, 102.16941) is a small town just 15 km north of Kota Bharu in Kelantan. It is noted the terminus of the East-Coast Line, the railway line linking Kelantan with the west coast of peninsula Malaysia. Tumpat is located on a flat plain comprising several river islands.
Today the chief attraction in Tumpat is its many Buddhist temples. Perhaps the most famous is Wat Phothivihan in Kampung Beruk, Tumpat. It has one of the biggest reclining buddha statues in Southeast Asia.
Location of sights in Tumpat on the map
Places of Interest around Tumpat
- Istana Bukit Tanah (GPS: 6.19217, 102.16489) Residence of the Sultan of Kelantan when in Tumpat. It is believed to have been built in 1910 on a three-acre site.
- Kelantan Wau Museum (GPS: 6.21568, 102.12655)
- Pantai Sri Tujuh: (GPS: 6.21762, 102.1288) The tujuh here refers to the seven lagoons that are found along the coast. This beach is the site of the annual Malaysian International Kite Festival.
- Wat Phothivihan: (GPS: 6.13025, 102.13738) Thai Buddhist temple with the longest reclining Buddha in the country.
- Wat Machimmaram (GPS: 6.18635, 102.10831)
- Wat Prachumthat Chanaram (GPS: 6.18635, 102.10831)
How to go to Tumpat
From Kota Bharu, take the Sultan Yahya Bridge across the Kelantan River, and head along the Kota Bharu - Pengkalan Kubor road (Route 134) until Kampung Bendang, then turn right at the junction to Route D23. Follow the signboard towards Tumpat.
Tumpat is on the map of Kelantan
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.