Jalan Kuching, Kuala Lumpur
(11 July, 2016)
is a major road in Kuala Lumpur
. It is part of Federal Route 1
, the old trunk road that connects major towns along the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. In Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Kuching continues from Jalan Kinabalu
in the south, and is continued as Jalan Rawang in the north.
As with Jalan Kinabalu, Jalan Kuching was named after a state capital. The name of Jalan Kuching (and Jalan Kinabalu) was a means of a symbolic welcome to the two East Malaysia states into the federation.
Jalan Kuching starts at Bulatan Parlimen
. It ends at the interchange with Persiaran 1 in Selayang. On this page, I shall document its entire route, and call out all the sights along the way.
Jalan Kuching on the map
Mass Transit Stations along Jalan Kuching
Sights along Jalan Kuching
- Bank Negara Malaysia (GPS: 3.15194, 101.69253)
- EcoSky by Eco World (GPS: 3.21894, 101.67099)
- KL PWTC, former
Hentian Putra (GPS: 3.16759, 101.69043)
- Kuala Lumpur City Hall (GPS: 3.15214, 101.69416)
- Masjid Al-Firdaus Segambut Luar (GPS: 3.18847, 101.66895)
- Open University Malaysia/International University of Malaya-Wales (GPS: 3.16164, 101.69077)
- Pasar Harian Selayang (GPS: 3.24324, 101.66528)
- Quality Hotel (GPS: 3.15886, 101.69425)
- Regalia Suites (GPS: 3.16455, 101.69245)
- Sasana Kijang (GPS: 3.15783, 101.69088)
- SJK (C) Chung Kwok (GPS: 3.16074, 101.69344)
- SJK (C) Khai Chee (GPS: 3.18585, 101.66982)
- SK Sri Delima (GPS: 3.20381, 101.67173)
- Sungai Mas Plaza (GPS: 3.20244, 101.67175)
- Sunway Putra Mall (GPS: 3.15818, 101.69431)
- Tesco Extra Selayang (GPS: 3.22137, 101.67092)
- Wisma Bumi Raya (GPS: 3.15818, 101.69431)
Petrol Stations along Jalan Kuching
View of Jalan Kuching towards Jalan Kinabalu.
- BHP Jalan Kuching (GPS: 3.18848, 101.67025)
- Petron Jalan Kuching (GPS: 3.22222, 101.67158)
- Petronas Batu 6 Jalan Ipoh (GPS: 3.22239, 101.67217)
- Shell Batu 6 Jalan Ipoh (GPS: 3.22239, 101.67217)
(11 July, 2016)
Ramp from Jalan Kuching to Jalan Sultan Ismail in front of Regalia Suites & Residences.
(14 June, 2017)
Major Junctions and Intersections of Jalan Kuching
Jalan Dato Onn turn in
Northbound motorists on Jalan Kuching may turn in to Jalan Dato Onn at this junction.
Interchange between Jalan Kuching and Jalan Sultan Ismail comprising four ramps over the Gombak River
Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar Interchange
Interchange between Jalan Kuching and Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar.
Flyover connecting Jalan Dutamas 2 with Jalan Putramas, over Jalan Kuching.
Interchange with the DUKE Expressway
(E33). If you are coming from the DUKE, take Exit 3302 to Jalan Kuching.
Kiara East Access
Access ramps to the Kiara East Condominium provide connection for northbound traffic.
Interchange between Jalan Kuching and the Middle Ring Road 2.
Sri Murni Interchange
Interchange between Jalan Kuching and Jalan 1/2b for the Sri Murni neighbourhood in Selayang. This is also the exit to the Kuala Lumpur Wholesale Market.
Interchange between Jalan Kuching and the Salayang Main Road (Jalan Besar). Flyover carries Jalan Besar over Jalan Kuching.
Flyover connects Jalan Bidara to Persiaran 1 across Jalan Kuching. Jalan Kuching ends here. Beyond this interchange is Jalan Rawang.
1. Kuala Lumpur Street Names
by Mariana Isa & Maganjeet Kaut, published by Marshall Cavendish (2015).
Add your business to this directory
The Directory of Businesses in Kuala Lumpur
makes it easy for your customers to find you. To list your business, find out the charges
and fill up the form
Explore Kuala Lumpur with the Klang Valley LRT Network
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.