Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur
(6 July, 2016)
Jalan Raja Laut
is a major road in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Formerly known as Broadrick Road, it runs roughly north-south starting from Jalan Raja
to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah (formerly Jalan Ipoh)
Jalan Raja Laut was named after Raja Laut (1850-1913), the second son of Sultan Muhammad
, the third Sultan of Selangor1
. He was called by that name because he was born at sea. During the Klang Wars, he sided with Raja Mahdi
against Tengku Kudin. He became Raja Muda (Crown Prince) in 1900 after Raja Sulaiman
ascended the throne of Selangor.
Beginning from the north, the major roads intersecting with Jalan Raja Laut includes Jalan Putra
, Jalan Chow Kit
, Jalan Sultan Ismail
and Jalan Dang Wangi
. The other roads interesecting it includes Lengkok Raja Laut, Lorong Chow Kit, Lorong Haji Taib 5
, Jalan Haji Taib
, Lorong Tiong Nam 3, Jalan Sri Amar, Jalan Chagar, Jalan Merpati
, Jalan Semarang
, Jalan Esfahan
and Jalan Bunus.
Jalan Raja Laut was named after one of the sons of Sultan Muhammad Shah (? - 1857), the third ruler of Selangor. After the death of Sultan Muhammad Shah, the throne passed to Raja Abdul Samad (1804-1898) who became Sultan Abdul Samad. Although Raja Abdul Samad is actually younger than Raja Laut, the latter was not eligible to inherit the throne, as he is Sultan Muhammad Shah's son with a concubine.
Location of Jalan Raja Laut on the map
Hotels along Jalan Raja Laut
- Hotel Kita (GPS: 3.16628, 101.69638)
- Hotel Macktz Comfort Inn (GPS: 3.163, 101.69615)
- New Eastern Hotel (GPS: 3.167115, 101.696234)
- Puteri Park Hotel (GPS: 3.16474, 101.69629)
- Quality Hotel (GPS: 3.15886, 101.69425)
- The Plaza Hotel (GPS: 3.16191, 101.69584)
- Yija Hotel (GPS: 3.163, 101.69615)
Train stations along Jalan Raja Laut
Shopping Malls along Jalan Raja Laut
Banks along Jalan Raja Laut
- Bank Simpanan Nasional, Islamic banking branch (GPS: 3.16721, 101.69622)
- Hong Leong Bank (GPS: 3.16665, 101.69644)
- Public Bank, Bangunan KWSP (GPS: 3.15358, 101.69498)
- RHB Bank, Bangunan KWSP (GPS: 3.15358, 101.69498)
- UOB Bank, Menara UOB (GPS: 3.15447, 101.69508)
Office Buildings along Jalan Raja Laut
- Bangunan KWSP (GPS: 3.15358, 101.69498)
- Kuala Lumpur City Hall (GPS: 3.15214, 101.69416)
- JKG Tower (GPS: 3.16154, 101.69576)
- LPPKN Building (GPS: 3.15919, 101.69446)
- Medan MARA (GPS: 3.15812, 101.69476)
- Menara Bumiputra-Commerce (GPS: 3.15502, 101.69506)
- Menara Raja Laut (GPS: 3.16244, 101.69603)
- Menara Tun Razak (GPS: 3.15281, 101.69505)
- Menara UniAsia (GPS: 3.16094, 101.69587)
- Menara UOB (GPS: 3.15447, 101.69508)
- Wisma Bumi Raya (GPS: 3.15818, 101.69431)
- Wisma Public Bank (GPS: 3.16328, 101.69614)
- Wisma Sachdev (GPS: 3.16208, 101.69544)
- Wisma Sime Darby (GPS: 3.16174, 101.69476)
- Wisma Tan Chong (GPS: 3.1687, 101.69614)
- Wisma Thakurdas (GPS: 3.1618, 101.69541)
Places of Worship along Jalan Raja Laut
Schools along Jalan Raja Laut
Historic Buildings along Jalan Raja Laut
Organisations with their offices at Jalan Raja Laut
Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur
(6 July, 2016)
Jalan Raja Laut road sign
(18 December, 2009)
How to reach Jalan Raja Laut
You can take the RapidKL Ampang Line
to the Bandaraya LRT Station
, which is near Jalan Esfahan.
- Kuala Lumpur Street Names by Mariana Isa & Maganjeet Kaut, published by Marshall Cavendish (2015) page 206.
Add your business to this directory
The Directory of Businesses in Kuala Lumpur
makes it easy for your customers to find you. To list your business, find out the charges
and fill up the form
Explore Kuala Lumpur with the Klang Valley LRT Network
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.