Kuantan Travel Tips
(31 December, 2006)
(GPS: 3.81955, 103.33225) is the capital of Pahang, Malaysia
. It is located near the mouth of the Kuantan River. The city has a population of 607,778 people, making it the 9th largest city in Malaysia. The town of Kuantan is said to have been founded in the 1850's. It was known in those early days as Kampung Teruntum.
The choice of Kuantan as the capital of Pahang came as late as 1955, when the British relocated there capital from Kuala Lipis
. The town's location by the coast makes it a more strategic site for a capital. Moreover it is closer to the royal town of Pekan
. Since becoming the state capital, Kuantan quickly grew to become the biggest town in Pahang.
Location of Sights in Kuantan on the map
Places of Interest in Kuantan
- Batu Hitam (GPS: 3.88812, 103.36649)
- Beserah (GPS: 3.91666, 103.36555)
- Pulau Ular (GPS: 4.05612, 103.40851)
- Stadium Darul Makmur (GPS: 3.8149, 103.32378)
- Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre (GPS: 3.81944, 103.32648)
- Sultan Ahmad Shah Mosque (GPS: 3.8079, 103.32804)
- Sungai Pandan Waterfall (GPS: 3.79051, 103.1453)
- Taman Pertanian Jubli Perak Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah (GPS: 3.846384, 103.300860)
- Teluk Cempedak (GPS: 3.81073, 103.37276)
- Tokong Kong Hock (GPS: 3.80942, 103.31525)
- Taman Teruntum: Public park with lotus lake and pavilions.
- Taman Gelora: Public park with pathways for evening strolls and jogging.
- Balai Karyaneka: Souvenir centre with a good variety of trinkets and handicrafts.
- Tanjung Pelindung: A boulder-strewn beach that is favoured by campers and bird watchers.
- Riverfront Park: A promenade and park beside the Kuantan River.
Categories of Sights in Kuantan
Shopping Malls in Kuantan
Transport Infrastructure in Kuantan
Sungai Kuantan Promenade at Riverfront Park
(31 December, 2006)
Kuantan on Google Maps Street View
How to reach Kuantan
Most people reach Kuantan by road. It is connected to the west coast by the Karak Expressway while the East Coast Highway connects it to Johor and Terengganu. Alternatively there are a few flights connecting it to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines. Firefly also flies between Kuantan and Singapore four times a week.
The rocky coastline of Batu Hitam in Beserah, Kuantanhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Kuantan#/media/File:Kuantan_City_Center.jpg
Getting Around Kuantan
Public transport in Kuantan can only be described as poor. Thus you should either take the taxi or rent a car if you are not driving to Kuantan.
Kompleks Teruntum, Kuantan
(31 December, 2006)
You can look for and book your hotel room direct from this website. Find hotels in the different towns in Pahang
, or use the search box below to look for hotels in Pahang's capital, Kuantan. Filter the results based on your requirement, everything from five star hotels to homestays and more.
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.