Singapore Financial District
(7 July, 2011)
So you are planning your first visit to Singapore. Perhaps you are going there on business, to meet some clients. Perhaps it's a pleasure trip, to sightsee Singapore and enjoy its varied street food. Perhaps you are going there specifically to do some shopping, for it's a shopper's haven. Or, perhaps you are going there for some rest and relaxation, and just want to be away from everything. Whatever the reason, you can do with some helpful tips to choose a hotel that is right for your purpose.
In this article, I offer you the 45 top hotels in Singapore, so there is plenty to choose from. To help you in your selection, I categorize them based on their location.
To make it even very easy for you to identify the various locations, I colour-code each of them.
The downtown core of Singapore is anchored by Raffles City, a huge complex of shopping malls, hotels and offices. Two major MRT lines intersect here. It is across the Singapore River from the Financial District. Whether you are coming to Singapore for business or pleasure, hotels in Downtown offers unrivalled connectivity.
- Financial District & Marina Bay
The Financial District is an area south of the Singapore River with the highest concentration of banks and other financial institutions. This is a concrete canyon of skyscrapers. To the east of this area is Marina Bay, which was developed around the namesake man-made bay, and is regarded as the new downtown. The Marina Bay area has world-class restaurants, shopping malls as well as tourist attractions.
This former plantation land has transformed into the main shopping precinct of Singapore. It has the highest concentration of hotels. If you are coming on a shopping expedition, there is no better place to stay than Orchard.
This area are quays located immediately upriver from downtown, and has become a major food and beverage precinct. It has a high concentration of eateries, from al fresco dining to pubs and restaurants.
This area developed out of a largely Malay neighbourhood to become one of the working-class shopping districts, to the northeast of downtown.
- Little India
If you relish a taste of South India, its sights, sounds and aromas, this is the place to stay. The area is located a short distance to the north of downtown.
- Sentosa Island
This is a holiday island to the south of Singapore mainland. The main activity here is rest, relax, do some sports or burn some money in the casino. This is the place to stay if you plan to get away from it all, but not the ideal if you are coming to Singapore for business, and will be spending the bulk of your visit meeting people in the downtown area.
Where are these hotels?
What better way to see all the best hotels in Singapore, all at a single glance, on a map. And they have all been colour-coded so it's so easy to determine where exactly you would prefer to stay.
Hotels in Downtown Singapore
- Carlton Hotel, Downtown
- Fairmont Singapore, Downtown
- Grand Park City Hall Hotel, Downtown
- Naumi Hotel, Marina Bay
- Raffles Singapore, Downtown
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel, Downtown
Hotels in Financial District and Marina Bay
- Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, Marina Bay
- Conrad Centennial Singapore, Marina Bay
- Marina Bay Sands, Marina Bay
- Marina Mandarin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Parkroyal On Pickering, Financial District
- Sofitel So Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, Marina Bay
- The Westin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
Hotels in Orchard
- Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Goodwood Park Hotel, Orchard
- Grand Hyatt Singapore, Orchard
- Grand Park Orchard, Orchard
- Hilton Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Hotel Fort Canning, Orchard
- Lanson Place Winsland, Orchard
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Orchard
- Orchard Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel, Orchard
- Regent Singapore - A Four Seasons Hotel, Orchard
- Shangri-la Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Singapore Marriott Hotel, Orchard
- The St. Regis Singapore Hotel, Orchard
Hotels in Riverside
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Riverside
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel, Riverside
Hotels in Bugis
- InterContinental Singapore Hotel, Bugis
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Singapore, Bugis
Hotels in Little India
- One Farrer Hotel and Spa, Little India
Hotels on Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Resort, Sentosa
- Capella Singapore Hotel, Sentosa
- ONE15 Marina Club, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Beach Villas, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hard Rock Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, Sentosa
- The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa Managed by Accor, Sentosa
- W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, Sentosa
While I do my best in providing you tips on the hotels according to my knowledge, you bear final responsibility over the choice of hotel that you select. I hope that my tips have been useful to you, and I wish you a wonderful trip ahead.
You can look for and book your hotel room direct from this website. Click this link to find hotels in Singapore
, or use the search box below. You can filter the results based on your requirement, everything from five star hotels to homestays and more.
Look for a specific type of accommodation in Singapore
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.