is a major road in Singapore
. It connects with Victoria Street
in the west, at Victoria Bridge, and with Sims Avenue
and Mountbatten Road
in the east, at Sir Arthur's Bridge.
Kallang Road got its name from the nearby Kallang River and Kallang Basin, which in turn got their name from the sea gypsies, an Orang Laut tribe that lived at water's edge, along the river, and were known as Orang Biduanda Kallang.1
Location of sights along Kallang Road
Sights along Kallang Road
- City Lights Condominium (GPS: 1.30849, 103.8633)
- HDB Blocks 813 and 815 (GPS: 1.30655, 103.86268)
- Hong Aik Industrial Building (GPS: 1.30982, 103.86602)
- ICA Building (GPS: 1.30655, 103.86268)
- International Press (GPS: 1.3102, 103.86732)
- Lavender MRT Station (GPS: 1.30722, 103.86304)
- Mitutoyo Building (GPS: 1.30999, 103.86656)
- Pico Creative Centre (GPS: 1.30981, 103.86505)
- Sri Manmatha Karuneshvarar Temple (GPS: 1.3089, 103.866)
- Tai Pei Buddhist Centre (GPS: 1.30931, 103.86452)
- The Riverine By The Park Condominium (GPS: 1.30975, 103.86923)
- V Hotel Lavender Singapore (GPS: 1.30773, 103.86268)
Kallang Road on Google Maps Street View
1. Singapore Street Names
, by Victor R. Savage and Brenda S.A. Yeoh, page 197.
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. click on them for details of each location.
Explore Singapore made easy with MRT
This comprehensive map of the Singapore Mass Rapid Transit shows you every station in the network, so that you can easily plan your journeys and change trains accordingly. As with the bus and LRT, you are charged a fare according to the distance travelled.
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.