Middle Road, Singaporehttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Middle_Road,_Singapore.JPG
is one of the main roads in downtown Singapore. It starts at Nicoll Highway and ends at the intersection with Selegie Road and Wilkie Road. Cutting through the city blocks of downtown, Middle Road forms intersections with Beach Road
, North Bridge Road
, Victoria Street
, Queen Street
, Waterloo Street
, Bencoolen Street
and Prinsep Street
Sights and landmarks along Middle Road include Shaw Tower, NTUC Income Beach Junction, National Library, Hotel Inter-Continental Singapore, Midlink Plaza, GSM Building, Sculpture Square, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Fortune Centre, Sunshine Plaza, and IOI Plaza.
Middle Road is one of the older roads in the downtown area of Singapore. It appears on the 1836 Coleman Map of Singapore. The road was called Sio Poh Ang Moh Pah Theek, meaning "Uptown European Foundry". The "uptown" (sio poh) in this case refers to the part of Singapore north of the Singapore River.
Location of sights along Middle Road on the map
Sights along Middle Road
- BOC Plaza (GPS: 1.29912, 103.85276)
- Chiat Hong Building (GPS: 1.29896, 103.85386)
- David Elias Buildings (GPS: 1.30176, 103.85024)
- Fortune Centre (GPS: 1.30049, 103.85215)
- Great Eastern House (GPS: 1.29658, 103.856)
- GSM Building (GPS: 1.29945, 103.85237)
- Hotel G Singapore (GPS: 1.30043, 103.85084)
- ICB Enterprise House (GPS: 1.29967, 103.85299)
- InterContinental Singapore (GPS: 1.29833, 103.8548)
- Lee Kai House (GPS: 1.29967, 103.85299)
- Mercure Hotel (GPS: 1.29967, 103.85299)
- Midland House (GPS: 1.29904, 103.85377)
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts NAFA (GPS: 1.29997, 103.85167)
- National Design Centre (GPS: 1.29869, 103.85331)
- National Library (GPS: 1.30149, 103.85064)
- North Bridge Centre (GPS: 1.29718, 103.85496)
- Sculpture Square (GPS: 1.29974, 103.85195)
- Singapore Pools (GPS: 1.30149, 103.85064)
- Sunshine Plaza (GPS: 1.30043, 103.85084)
- The Prospex (GPS: 1.29887, 103.85398)
- TMC Academy (GPS: 1.30149, 103.85064)
- Singapore Street Names by Victor R Savage and Brenda S.A. Yeoh (2004), ISBN 981-210-364-3
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. click on them for details of each location.
Explore Singapore made easy with MRT
This comprehensive map of the Singapore Mass Rapid Transit shows you every station in the network, so that you can easily plan your journeys and change trains accordingly. As with the bus and LRT, you are charged a fare according to the distance travelled.
Enjoy a vacation at The Haven Resort Hotel Ipoh, an award-winning all suite resort nestled in the midst of the limestone hills of Ipoh, now with an exclusive 10% discount for readers of this website!
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Hello and welcome! My name is Timothy Tye
or simply Tim. This is my personal encyclopedia. I created it to compile all the information about places. It represents my body of travel knowledge collected since 2003, and still being updated almost daily.
As a Christian, I write on travel so that God's Good News
can reach every corner of the world and connect with those needing it. If you wish to ask me anything, feel free to contact me here
. Thank you for visiting, and have a great day!
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.