comprises 142 resident species. However, along with migratory birds, there are 180 species of birds that have been seen in the wild in the country, especially at the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
The most common birds in Singapore are the Javan mynah, the house crow, the starling and the bulbul.
There are thirteen threatened species of birds in Singapore. They are listed below:
- Black-winged Starling (Sturnus melanopterus) Critically Endangered Species
- Christmas Island Frigatebird (Fregata andrewsi) Critically Endangered Species
- Spoon-billed Sandpiper (Eurynorhynchus pygmeus) Critically Endangered Species
- Yellow-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua sulphurea) Critically Endangered Species
- Black Partridge (Melanoperdix niger) Vulnerable Species
- Brown-chested Jungle-flycatcher (Rhinomyias brunneatus) Vulnerable Species
- Chinese Egret (Egretta eulophotes) Vulnerable Species
- Crestless Fireback (Lophura erythrophthalma) Vulnerable Species
- Eastern Imperial Eagle (Aquila heliaca) Vulnerable Species
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis) Vulnerable Species
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris) Vulnerable Species
- Great Slaty Woodpecker (Mulleripicus pulverulentus) Vulnerable Species
- Greater Spotted Eagle (Aquila clanga) Vulnerable Species
- Lesser Adjutant (Leptoptilos javanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Malayan Peacock-pheasant (Polyplectron malacense) Vulnerable Species
- Milky Stork (Mycteria cinerea) Vulnerable Species
- Straw-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus zeylanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Yellow-breasted Bunting (Emberiza aureola) Vulnerable Species
- Masked Finfoot (Heliopais personatus) Endangered Species
- Spotted Greenshank (Tringa guttifer) Endangered Species
The conservation status for wildlife is placed on a 7-tier scale as follows:
- Least concern (LC)
- Near Threatened (NT)
- Vulnerable Species (VU)
- Endangered Species (EN)
- Critically Endangered Species (CR)
- Extinct in the Wild (EW)
- Extinct (EX)
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Thank you for visiting my website
. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages of information. My name is Timothy Tye
. You can call me Tim. I have been writing my website full time since 1 November 2007, and I am enjoying every moment of it. I write my website to satisfy my own curiosity, but I am glad if the information is useful to you.
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.