Operating windmills in Kinderdijk, Netherlandshttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kinderdijk_Active_Windmill.jpg
(Dutch: Nederland) is a small country in Western Europe. It covers 41,848 sq km (16,158 sq mi) and has a population of 16.7 million people. The capital and largest city is Amsterdam. The Netherlands is bordered by Germany to the east, Luxembourg to the southeast and Belgium to the south. The country is divided into twelve provinces.
The Netherlands experiences a maritime climate. Warmest month is July, when the average high temperature rises to 22.3°C (72.1°F). Coldest month is February, when the average low temperature drops to -0.1°C (31.8°F). November is the wettest month, receiving 81 mm (3.19 in) of precipitation.
Location of cities and towns in the Netherlands on the map
Cities, Towns and Sights of the Netherlands
- Amsterdam (GPS: 52.37021, 4.89516) - capital
- Almere (GPS: 52.35078, 5.2647)
- Apeldoorn (GPS: 52.21115, 5.96992)
- Breda (GPS: 51.57191, 4.76832)
- Delft (GPS: 52.01157, 4.35706)
- Eindhoven (GPS: 51.44164, 5.46972)
- Groningen (GPS: 53.21938, 6.5665)
- Haarlem (GPS: 52.38738, 4.64621)
- Leiden (GPS: 52.16011, 4.497)
- Maastricht (GPS: 50.85136, 5.69097)
- Nijmegen (GPS: 51.81256, 5.83722)
- Rotterdam (GPS: 51.92442, 4.47773)
- s-Hertogenbosch (GPS: 51.69781, 5.30367)
- The Hague (GPS: 52.07049, 4.30069)
- Tilburg (GPS: 51.56059, 5.09191)
- Utrecht (GPS: 52.09073, 5.12142)
- Volendam (GPS: 52.49686, 5.0727)
Provinces of the Netherlands
Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlandshttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Keukenhof-by-Thanh-B%C3%ACnh.jpg
Nguyễn Thanh Bình
The farmland in Mergelland, Netherlandshttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Agricultural_landscape_Mergelland.jpg
Special Municipalities of the Netherlands
- Saint Eustatius
National Parks of the Netherlands
- Alde Feanen National Park, Friesland
- De Biesbosch National Park, North Brabant/Antwerp (Belgium)
- De Loonse en Drunense Duinen National Park, North Brabant
- De Weerribben-Wieden National Park, Overijssel
- Drents-Friese Wold National Park, Drenthe
- Drentsche Aa National Landscape, Drenthe
- Dunes of Texel National Park, North Holland
- Dwingelderveld National Park, Drenthe
- Hoge Veluwe National Park, Gelderland
- Lauwersmeer National Park, Groningen/Friesland
- Maasduinen National Park, Limburg
- Meinweg National Park, Limburg
- Oosterschelde National Park, Zeeland
- Sallandse Heuvelrug National Park, Overijssel
- Schiermonnikoog National Park, Friesland
- Veluwezoom National Park, Gelderland
- Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park
- Zuid-Kennemerland National Park, North Holland
Tourist Attractions of the Netherlands
- Efteling, oldest theme park in the world and largest in the Netherlands.
- Keukenhof, the world's largest flower garden.
- Kinderdijk, village with the largest concentration of old windmills in the Netherlands.
- Marken, peninsula and former island, well-known for its characteristic wooden houses.
- Schokland, former island in the Dutch Zuiderzee.
- Texel, largest and most populated of the Frisian Islands.
- Zaanse Schans, a place with a large collection of well-preserved historic windmills and houses.
Buy Your Long-Distance Bus Tickets Here!
If you are planning to travel Malaysia and Singapore by bus, you can now purchase your long-distance bus tickets directly from Bus Online Ticket
, where you get to check the schedule as well as price of tickets from various bus companies.
Thank you for visiting my website
. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages of information. My name is Timothy Tye
. You can call me Tim. I have been writing my website full time since 1 November 2007, and I am enjoying every moment of it. I write my website to satisfy my own curiosity, but I am glad if the information is useful to you.
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.