Mount Rushmore, one of the National Memorials of the United Stateshttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mount_rushmore.jpg
National Memorials of the United States
are a list of protected areas commemorating historic persons and/or events related to the United States of America. They do not necessarily need to have the word "national" attached to them to be part of the list of national memorials.
There are presently 28 national memorials in the United States. They are owned and administered by the National Park Service, with another 5 administered by other agencies, but with assistance from the National Park Service. All national memorials within the National Park System are automatically listed on the National Register of Historic Places while not all affiliated areas are.
Lincoln Memorial, District of Columbiahttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lincoln_Memorial_Close-Up.jpg
The Washington Monument, completed in 1884, was the first national memorial while the most recent is the World War II Memorial, dedicated on 2004.
- Arkansas Post National Memorial, Arkansas
- Arlington House, The Robert E. Lee Memorial, Virginia
- Chamizal National Memorial, Texas
- Coronado National Memorial, Arizona
- De Soto National Memorial, Florida
- Federal Hall National Memorial, New York
- Flight 93 National Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Fort Caroline National Memorial, Florida
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, District of Columbia
- General Grant National Memorial, New York
- Hamilton Grange National Memorial, New York
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, Missouri
- Johnstown Flood National Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Korean War Veterans Memorial, District of Columbia
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, Indiana
- Lincoln Memorial, District of Columbia
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Memorial Grove on the Potomac, District of Columbia
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota
- Perry's Victory and International Peace Memorial, Ohio
- Port Chicago Naval Magazine, California
- Roger Williams National Memorial, Rhode Island
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Theodore Roosevelt Island, District of Columbia
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial, District of Columbia
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial, District of Columbia
- Washington Monument, District of Columbia
- World War II Memorial, District of Columbia
- Wright Brothers National Memorial, North Carolina
In addition to the above memorials managed by the National Park Service, the following are memorials managed by other agencies.
- American Memorial Park, Northern Mariana Islands
- Benjamin Franklin National Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Father Marquette National Memorial, Michigan
- Oklahoma City National Memorial, Oklahoma
- Red Hill Patrick Henry National Memorial, Virginia
Thank you for using my website!
Hello and thank you for reading this page. My name is Tim
. I wrote this page to compile what I discover, for my own knowledge, and also to share it with people who might find it useful. It is part of three inter-connected websites: Penang Travel Tips
and Timothy Property Mart
I am a real estate agent, food blogger, amateur historian and travel author. This website is an encyclopedia as well as a business directory. As a real estate agent, I help people buy, sell, rent and let properties. If you have a property to sell or rent in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh or Malacca, my team of realtors and I can help you. If you operate a restaurant, can write about your food and promote your restaurant. I can also help you engage other food bloggers to write about your food. And finally, if you are operating a business anywhere in Malaysia, you can add your shop to this website and be found by lots of customers. All you need to do is contact me with what you need.
You can do many things directly from this website. If you are visiting Penang, I can arrange for you a tour guide and/or driver
to show you around. If you are traveling by bus anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you can book your bus ticket
. If you seek accommodation, you can get hotel room rates
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's message to all who need it, anywhere in the world. If you are open to hearing it, please read God's Good News to You
If you wish to contact me, please use this contact form
. And don't forget to follow me on Facebook
. See you!
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.