Grand Teton National Park, Wyominghttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Grandtetonnational_park59887215.jpg
There are presently 58 national parks in the United States of America. These are protected areas established by the United States Congress.
Yellowstone National Park, established in 1872 by President Ulysses S. Grant, was the first designated national park. It was followed by Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National park in 1890.
Not all the states in the United States have national parks. In fact, only twenty-seven of them do, along with American Samoa and the US Virgin Islands. With eight each, Alaska and California have the most. They are followed by Utah with five and Colorado with four. Fourteen of US National Parks are also World Heritage Sites.
The largest national park is Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, which covers over 8 million acres (32,000 sq km) in Alaska. The smallest, covering just 6,000 acres (24 sq km) is Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas.
Receiving over nine million visitors in 2008, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited. It is trailed far behind by Grand Canyon National Park, which received over four million.
List of US National Parks
Grand Prismatic Spring and Midway Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park
- Acadia National Park, Maine
- American Samoa National Park, American Samoa
- Arches National Park, Utah
- Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Big Bend National Park, Texas
- Biscayne National Park, Florida
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Colorado
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Canyonlands National Park, Utah
- Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico (World Heritage Site)
- Channel Islands National Park, California
- Congaree National Park, South Carolina
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
- Death Valley National Park, California/Nevada
- Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida
- Everglades National Park, Florida (World Heritage Site)
- Gates of the Arctic National Park, Alaska
- Glacier National Park, Montana (World Heritage Site)
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, Alaska (World Heritage Site)
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona (World Heritage Site)
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
- Great Basin National Park, Nevada
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, Colorado
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina/Tennessee (World Heritage Site)
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Texas
- Haleakala National Park, Hawaii
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii (World Heritage Site)
- Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- Isle Royale National Park, Michigan
- Joshua Tree National Park, California
- Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Kings Canyon National Park, California
- Kobuk Valley National Park, Alaska
- Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, Alaska
- Lassen Volcanic National Park, California
- Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky (World Heritage Site)
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- North Cascades National Park, Washington
- Olympic National Park, Washington (World Heritage Site)
- Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona
- Redwood National Park, California (World Heritage Site)
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- Saguaro National Park, Arizona
- Sequoia National Park, California
- Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota
- Virgin Islands National Park, US Virgin Islands
- Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota
- Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, Alaska (World Heritage Site)
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming/Montana/Idaho (World Heritage Site)
- Yosemite National Park, California (World Heritage Site)
- Zion National Park, Utah
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Book your hotel room here
If you're traveling somewhere soon, book your hotel room online with Agoda. Agoda offers the best prices on 2,000,000+ properties worldwide. Click here
to find the room you want.
Looking for a book? Get it from Book Depository with free delivery worldwide!
I have just discovered Book Depository
, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, and I love it. This is where you can buy books and have them sent to you. But unlike Amazon, when you purchase using Book Depository, you enjoy free delivery worldwide. Give it a try today!
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
The United States of America, so much to explore!
Let me show you the United States - pick a state and start exploring!
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.