is the capital of the state of Texas, USA. With a population of 1.3 million people, San Antonio is the second biggest city in Texas after Houston, and the seventh biggest in the United States.
The city of San Antonio was named by the Spanish after a Portuguese saint in 1691. This was because the site was settle on 13 June, the feast day of the saint. Among the major sights of interest in San Antonio include the Alamo, Tower of the Americas, Seaworld and River Walk.
San Antonio experiences a humid subtropical climate. The summers are hot. Depending on how the wind blows, it could be dry or humid. In winter it is cool mild to cool. The warmest months are July and August, when the temperature hits a high of 95°F (35°C). The coolest month is January with the average low being 38.6°F (3.7°C). The wettest months are May and June with over 4 inches of rain.
Travel to San Antonio
San Antonio International Airport (SAT) is the airport serving the city. Ground transportation out of the airport includes the airport shuttle service, which costs $18 one way, and taxi, which is $23 one way for 4-6 persons, depending on size of taxi. Budget travelers can also use the free shuttle bus to go to the city bus stop. From there, you can take Bus No. 5 to downtown San Antonio for only $1.10.
San Antonio is on the Amtrak Texas Eagle line which runs from Chicago. You can also take the Sunset Limited train from Los Angeles and New Orleans.
Travel within San Antonio
The bus network in San Antonio is managed by the VIA Metropolitan Transit. A single-ride fare ranges from $1.10 to $2.50 depending on service. You can also buy a one-day pass for $4.00 at some retail outlets and at the VIA Website.
Alamo Mission, San Antoniohttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alamo_Mission_in_San_Antonio.jpg
Places of Interest in San Antonio
- The Alamo Originally the Mission San Antonio de Valero, this is the site of the Battle of the Alamo in 1836.
- River Walk (Paseo del Rio) Network of walkways along the San Antonio River.
- La Villita Quiant village of stone and adobe buildings now housing craftshops.
- Tower of the Americas Observation tower and restaurant in San Antonio.
- Institute of Texas Cultures Museum chronicling the 27 distinct ethnic and cultural groups in Texas,.
- Suckhorn Saloon & Museum Museum with Wild West exhibits.
- Casa Navarro Sate Historical Park Former residence of Jose Antonio Navarro, 19th century Texas legislator.
- King William Historic Area An elegant residential neighborhood and Texas' first historic district.
- San Antonio Zoological Gardens and Aquarium Zoo with over 3,500 animals.
- Blue Star Contemporary Art Center Non-profit art center to promote greater understanding and appreciation of contemporary art.
- San Antonio Missions National Park Park where four Spanish frontier missions are preserved.
- Museo Alameda Museum affiliated to the Smithsonian Institution that documents the Latino experience in America.
- Witte Museum Museum housing an eclectic collection ranging from treehouse to dinosaurs.
- SeaWorld One of the three SeaWorld marine parks in the US.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas Theme park for people of all ages.
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Book your hotel room here
If you're traveling somewhere soon, book your hotel room online with Agoda. Agoda offers the best prices on 2,000,000+ properties worldwide. Click here
to find the room you want.
Looking for a book? Get it from Book Depository with free delivery worldwide!
I have just discovered Book Depository
, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, and I love it. This is where you can buy books and have them sent to you. But unlike Amazon, when you purchase using Book Depository, you enjoy free delivery worldwide. Give it a try today!
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
The United States of America, so much to explore!
Let me show you the United States - pick a state and start exploring!
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.