Operating windmills in Kinderdijk, Netherlandshttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kinderdijk_Active_Windmill.jpg
(Dutch: Nederland) is a small country in Western Europe. It covers 41,848 sq km (16,158 sq mi) and has a population of 16.7 million people. The capital and largest city is Amsterdam. The Netherlands is bordered by Germany to the east, Luxembourg to the southeast and Belgium to the south. The country is divided into twelve provinces.
The Netherlands experiences a maritime climate. Warmest month is July, when the average high temperature rises to 22.3°C (72.1°F). Coldest month is February, when the average low temperature drops to -0.1°C (31.8°F). November is the wettest month, receiving 81 mm (3.19 in) of precipitation.
Location of cities and towns in the Netherlands on the map
Cities, Towns and Sights of the Netherlands
- Amsterdam (GPS: 52.37021, 4.89516) - capital
- Almere (GPS: 52.35078, 5.2647)
- Apeldoorn (GPS: 52.21115, 5.96992)
- Breda (GPS: 51.57191, 4.76832)
- Delft (GPS: 52.01157, 4.35706)
- Eindhoven (GPS: 51.44164, 5.46972)
- Groningen (GPS: 53.21938, 6.5665)
- Haarlem (GPS: 52.38738, 4.64621)
- Leiden (GPS: 52.16011, 4.497)
- Maastricht (GPS: 50.85136, 5.69097)
- Nijmegen (GPS: 51.81256, 5.83722)
- Rotterdam (GPS: 51.92442, 4.47773)
- s-Hertogenbosch (GPS: 51.69781, 5.30367)
- The Hague (GPS: 52.07049, 4.30069)
- Tilburg (GPS: 51.56059, 5.09191)
- Utrecht (GPS: 52.09073, 5.12142)
- Volendam (GPS: 52.49686, 5.0727)
Provinces of the Netherlands
Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlandshttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Keukenhof-by-Thanh-B%C3%ACnh.jpg
Nguyễn Thanh Bình
The farmland in Mergelland, Netherlandshttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Agricultural_landscape_Mergelland.jpg
Special Municipalities of the Netherlands
- Saint Eustatius
National Parks of the Netherlands
- Alde Feanen National Park, Friesland
- De Biesbosch National Park, North Brabant/Antwerp (Belgium)
- De Loonse en Drunense Duinen National Park, North Brabant
- De Weerribben-Wieden National Park, Overijssel
- Drents-Friese Wold National Park, Drenthe
- Drentsche Aa National Landscape, Drenthe
- Dunes of Texel National Park, North Holland
- Dwingelderveld National Park, Drenthe
- Hoge Veluwe National Park, Gelderland
- Lauwersmeer National Park, Groningen/Friesland
- Maasduinen National Park, Limburg
- Meinweg National Park, Limburg
- Oosterschelde National Park, Zeeland
- Sallandse Heuvelrug National Park, Overijssel
- Schiermonnikoog National Park, Friesland
- Veluwezoom National Park, Gelderland
- Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park
- Zuid-Kennemerland National Park, North Holland
Tourist Attractions of the Netherlands
- Efteling, oldest theme park in the world and largest in the Netherlands.
- Keukenhof, the world's largest flower garden.
- Kinderdijk, village with the largest concentration of old windmills in the Netherlands.
- Marken, peninsula and former island, well-known for its characteristic wooden houses.
- Schokland, former island in the Dutch Zuiderzee.
- Texel, largest and most populated of the Frisian Islands.
- Zaanse Schans, a place with a large collection of well-preserved historic windmills and houses.
Thank you for using my website!
Hello and thank you for reading this page. My name is Tim
. I wrote this page to compile what I discover, for my own knowledge, and also to share it with people who might find it useful. It is part of three inter-connected websites: Penang Travel Tips
and Timothy Property Mart
I am a real estate agent, food blogger, amateur historian and travel author. This website is an encyclopedia as well as a business directory. As a real estate agent, I help people buy, sell, rent and let properties. If you have a property to sell or rent in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh or Malacca, my team of realtors and I can help you. If you operate a restaurant, can write about your food and promote your restaurant. I can also help you engage other food bloggers to write about your food. And finally, if you are operating a business anywhere in Malaysia, you can add your shop to this website and be found by lots of customers. All you need to do is contact me with what you need.
You can do many things directly from this website. If you are visiting Penang, I can arrange for you a tour guide and/or driver
to show you around. If you are traveling by bus anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you can book your bus ticket
. If you seek accommodation, you can get hotel room rates
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's message to all who need it, anywhere in the world. If you are open to hearing it, please read God's Good News to You
If you wish to contact me, please use this contact form
. And don't forget to follow me on Facebook
. See you!
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.