The KTM Class 93 ETS Train at the Pulau Sebang/Tamping stationhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:KTM_Class_93#/media/File:ETS_5.jpg
KTM Electric Train Service
(ETS) is an inter-city train service between Kuala Lumpur and cities in Malaysia. As of July 2015, the service has been extended to Padang Besar Railway Station. This is a major undertaking for Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad which sees not only the electrification of the tracks, but also the construction of all 47 stations along the route from Padang Besar
List of Railway Stations served by the ETS
As of 11 July, 2015, the following are the railway stations served by the KTM Electric Train Service. The full list of stations are shown below.
Sungai Petani Railway Station
- Padang Besar Railway Station (GPS: 6.66209, 100.31908)
- Bukit Ketri Railway Station (GPS: 6.52372, 100.25743)
- Arau Railway Station (GPS: 6.42977, 100.26921)
- Kodiang Railway Station (GPS: 6.37059, 100.30247)
- Anak Bukit Railway Station (GPS: 6.18315, 100.37463)
- Alor Setar Railway Station (GPS: 6.11456, 100.3698)
- Kobah Railway Station (GPS: 5.9724, 100.44092)
- Gurun Railway Station (GPS: 5.82451, 100.47756)
- Sungai Petani Railway Station (GPS: 5.64302, 100.48975)
- Tasek Gelugor Railway Station (GPS: 5.48179, 100.4969)
- Bukit Mertajam Railway Station (GPS: 5.3664, 100.44783)
- Bukit Tengah Railway Station (GPS: 5.36435, 100.42174)
- Butterworth Railway Station (GPS: 5.3927, 100.36774)
- Simpang Ampat Railway Station (GPS: 5.28602, 100.48098)
- Nibong Tebal Railway Station (GPS: 5.16936, 100.48003)
- Parit Buntar Railway Station (GPS: 5.12873, 100.48662)
- Bagan Serai Railway Station (GPS: 5.02719, 100.52705)
- Kamunting Railway Station (GPS: 4.89617, 100.71862)
- Taiping Railway Station (GPS: 4.85207, 100.73123)
- Padang Rengas Railway Station (GPS: 4.77739, 100.85816)
- Kuala Kangsar Railway Station (GPS: 4.77655, 100.93199)
- Sungai Siput Railway Station (GPS: 4.81949, 101.07132)
- Tasek Railway Station (GPS: 4.65337, 101.11934)
- Ipoh Railway Station (GPS: 4.59712, 101.07263)
- Batu Gajah Railway Station (GPS: 4.46128, 101.04928)
- Kampar Railway Station (GPS: 4.3028, 101.15337)
- Tapah Road Railway Station (GPS: 4.17278, 101.18918)
- Sungkai Railway Station (GPS: 4.00575, 101.30215)
- Slim River Railway Station (GPS: 3.82721, 101.40254)
- Behrang Railway Station (GPS: 3.74575, 101.45007)
- Tanjung Malim Railway Station (GPS: 3.68461, 101.51809)
- Kuala Kubu Bharu Railway Station (GPS: 3.55307, 101.63959)
- Batang Kali Railway Station (GPS: 3.46833, 101.63759)
- Rawang Railway Station (GPS: 3.31895, 101.57475)
- Sungai Buloh Railway Station (GS: 3.20671, 101.57872)
- Kepong Sentral Railway Station (GPS: 3.20864, 101.62804)
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station (GPS: 3.13969, 101.69363)
- KL Sentral (GPS: 3.13404, 101.68614)
- Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station (GPS: 3.07647, 101.71118)
- Kajang Railway Station (GPS: 2.98238, 101.79051)
- Nilai Komuter Station (GPS: 2.80219, 101.79935)
- Seremban Railway Station (GPS: 2.71856, 101.94063)
- Rembau Railway Station (GPS: 2.59326, 102.09453)
- Pulau Sebang/Tampin Railway Station (GPS: 2.46262, 102.22704)
- Batang Melaka Railway Station (GPS: 2.47237, 102.413)
- Gemas Railway Station (GPS: 2.58016, 102.61242)
(17 July, 2015)
ETS KL Sentral to Butterworth Service
Full schedule and fare for Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh can be downloaded from the KTMB website.
ETS KL Sentral to Padang Besar Service
There are two types of services: the local train which serve all stations, and the express trains which serve selected stations. The services are KL Sentral to Ipoh (Gold and Silver service), KL Sentral to Padang Besar, and Ipoh to Padang Besar. The KL Sentral to Padang Besar is the ETS Ekspres service which stops at fewer stations.
On 11 July, 2015, an ETS service was launch from KL Sentral to Padang Besar. This is an express service which serves the following stations: KL Sentral, Tanjung Malim, Tapah Road, Kampar, Ipoh, Kuala Kangsar, Taiping, Parit Buntar, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, Sungai Petani, Alor Setar, Arau and Padang Besar.
The train (code EG9208) departs KL Sentral at 9:00 am and arrives at Padang Besar at 3:00 pm. The train (code EG9209) leaves Padang Besar at 4:00 pm and arrives in KL Sentral at 9:15 pm.
Due to the constant update to train schedule, please refer to the KTMB website for the latest train schedule
Interior of ETS trainhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_ETS#/media/File:KTM_ETS2.JPG
Updates on the ETS Service
7 May 2016
An ETS train travelling from Kuala Lumpur
was involved in a crash with an Express Rakyat train travelling from Butterworth
to Johor Bahru
. As a result, the KTM Komuter service between Rawang Railway Station
and Tanjung Malim Railway Station
is cancelled while ETS services will end at the Rawang Railway Station, and passengers are ferried by bus on their onward journey. At time of writing, KTMB is still investigating the incident.
The ETS Service is expected to reach the Butterworth Railway Station
by June 2015, according to KTM chairman Datuk Nawawi Ahmad, saying the journey between Kuala Lumpur and Penang will be 3 hours.1
- The Star 6 December, 2014: KL to Butterworth by ETS from June (2015)
Add your business to this directory
The Penang Business Directory
makes it easy for customers to find you. It has [an error occurred while processing this directive] types of businesses listed. To list your business, find out the charges
and fill up the form
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
Book your hotel room here
If you're traveling somewhere soon, book your hotel room online with Agoda. Agoda offers the best prices on 2,000,000+ properties worldwide. Click here
to find the room you want.
Looking for a book? Get it from Book Depository with free delivery worldwide!
I have just discovered Book Depository
, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, and I love it. This is where you can buy books and have them sent to you. But unlike Amazon, when you purchase using Book Depository, you enjoy free delivery worldwide. Give it a try today!
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.