Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur
(8 July, 2016)
Jalan Raja Chulan
is a major road in the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur
. Today it is a major street in the business district of the city.
Jalan Raja Chulan was originally known as Weld Road, or Jalan Weld, until 1982, when it was renamed after Raja Chulan, who was the Raja di Hilir Perak. Before that it was named Weld Road, after Sir Frederick Weld (1823-1891), who was the Governor of the Straits Settlements.1 Weld Quay
was also named after himm as were Weld Road
and Upper Weld Road
Jalan Raja Chulan starts at Jalan Tun Perak
in the west and ends at Jalan Bukit Bintang
in the east. In between, it forms junctions with Jalan Gereja
, Persiaran Maybank, Persiaran Raja Chulan, Lorong Raja Chulan, Changkat Raja Chulan, Jalan P. Ramlee
, Jalan Sultan Ismail
, Jalan Perak
, Jalan Kia Peng
and Jalan Conlay
Sights along Jalan Raja Chulan on the map
Hotels along Jalan Raja Chulan
Sights along Jalan Raja Chulan
Street Art on Jalan Raja Chulan
Shopping Malls along Jalan Raja Chulan
Eateries along Jalan Raja Chulan
Petrol Stations along Jalan Raja Chulan
- Shell Jalan Raja Chulan (GPS: 3.15002, 101.70436)
Commercial and high-rise buildings along Jalan Raja Chulan
- Bangunan AmBank Group (GPS: 3.15018, 101.70641)
- Bangunan Yee Seng (GPS: 3.14822, 101.69934)
- SEGi College (GPS: 3.14806, 101.69829)
- Menara Affin Bank (GPS: 3.15093, 101.70794)
- Menara Boustead (GPS: 3.1502, 101.70877)
- Menara ING (GPS: 3.15067, 101.70863)
- Menara Khuan Choo (GPS: 3.15014, 101.71199)
- Menara Maybank (GPS: 3.14822, 101.69934)
- Menara MIDF (GPS: 3.15084, 101.70822)
- Menara Olympia (GPS: 3.14923, 101.70062)
- Menara Standard Chartered (GPS: 3.14961, 101.71134)
- Plaza See Hoy Chan (GPS: 3.14998, 101.70555)
- The Weld (GPS: 3.15133, 101.70691)
- Wisma Boustead (GPS: 3.15016, 101.70907)
- Wisma Budiman (GPS: 3.14876, 101.70172)
- Wisma Cosway (GPS: 3.15077, 101.71171)
- Wisma Genting (GPS: 3.15055, 101.71091)
- Wisma Goldhill (GPS: 3.15029, 101.7084)
- Wisma Lim Foo Yong (GPS: 3.14876, 101.70172)
- Wisma MPL (GPS: 3.15029, 101.70718)
Condominiums on Jalan Raja Chulan
Banks along Jalan Raja Chulan
- India International Bank (GPS: 3.14746, 101.69935)
- CIMB Bank Jalan Sultan Ismail (GPS: 3.15055, 101.71091)
- Public Bank Jalan Raja Chulan (GPS:3.14876, 101.70172)
Churches on Jalan Raja Chulan
Development Projects on Jalan Raja Chulan
Government and semi-government buildings along Jalan Raja Chulan
Jalan Raja Chulan high rises: (A) Banyan Tree Signatures Pavilion, (B) Wisma Cosway
(16 June, 2017)
Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur
(8 July, 2016)
Jalan Raja Chulan on Google Maps Street View
- Kuala Lumpur Street Names by Mariana Isa & Maganjeet Kaut, published by Marshall Cavendish (2015) page 206.
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
Visiting Kuala Lumpur? Get your hotel room here
Compare hotel room rates from different online booking websites, and choose the best for your trip.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
Explore Kuala Lumpur with the Klang Valley LRT Network
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.