Singapore Financial District
(7 July, 2011)
So you are planning your first visit to Singapore. Perhaps you are going there on business, to meet some clients. Perhaps it's a pleasure trip, to sightsee Singapore and enjoy its varied street food. Perhaps you are going there specifically to do some shopping, for it's a shopper's haven. Or, perhaps you are going there for some rest and relaxation, and just want to be away from everything. Whatever the reason, you can do with some helpful tips to choose a hotel that is right for your purpose.
In this article, I offer you the 45 top hotels in Singapore, so there is plenty to choose from. To help you in your selection, I categorize them based on their location.
To make it even very easy for you to identify the various locations, I colour-code each of them.
The downtown core of Singapore is anchored by Raffles City, a huge complex of shopping malls, hotels and offices. Two major MRT lines intersect here. It is across the Singapore River from the Financial District. Whether you are coming to Singapore for business or pleasure, hotels in Downtown offers unrivalled connectivity.
- Financial District & Marina Bay
The Financial District is an area south of the Singapore River with the highest concentration of banks and other financial institutions. This is a concrete canyon of skyscrapers. To the east of this area is Marina Bay, which was developed around the namesake man-made bay, and is regarded as the new downtown. The Marina Bay area has world-class restaurants, shopping malls as well as tourist attractions.
This former plantation land has transformed into the main shopping precinct of Singapore. It has the highest concentration of hotels. If you are coming on a shopping expedition, there is no better place to stay than Orchard.
This area are quays located immediately upriver from downtown, and has become a major food and beverage precinct. It has a high concentration of eateries, from al fresco dining to pubs and restaurants.
This area developed out of a largely Malay neighbourhood to become one of the working-class shopping districts, to the northeast of downtown.
- Little India
If you relish a taste of South India, its sights, sounds and aromas, this is the place to stay. The area is located a short distance to the north of downtown.
- Sentosa Island
This is a holiday island to the south of Singapore mainland. The main activity here is rest, relax, do some sports or burn some money in the casino. This is the place to stay if you plan to get away from it all, but not the ideal if you are coming to Singapore for business, and will be spending the bulk of your visit meeting people in the downtown area.
Where are these hotels?
What better way to see all the best hotels in Singapore, all at a single glance, on a map. And they have all been colour-coded so it's so easy to determine where exactly you would prefer to stay.
Hotels in Downtown Singapore
- Carlton Hotel, Downtown
- Fairmont Singapore, Downtown
- Grand Park City Hall Hotel, Downtown
- Naumi Hotel, Marina Bay
- Raffles Singapore, Downtown
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel, Downtown
Hotels in Financial District and Marina Bay
- Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, Marina Bay
- Conrad Centennial Singapore, Marina Bay
- Marina Bay Sands, Marina Bay
- Marina Mandarin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Parkroyal On Pickering, Financial District
- Sofitel So Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, Marina Bay
- The Westin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
Hotels in Orchard
- Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Goodwood Park Hotel, Orchard
- Grand Hyatt Singapore, Orchard
- Grand Park Orchard, Orchard
- Hilton Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Hotel Fort Canning, Orchard
- Lanson Place Winsland, Orchard
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Orchard
- Orchard Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel, Orchard
- Regent Singapore - A Four Seasons Hotel, Orchard
- Shangri-la Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Singapore Marriott Hotel, Orchard
- The St. Regis Singapore Hotel, Orchard
Hotels in Riverside
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Riverside
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel, Riverside
Hotels in Bugis
- InterContinental Singapore Hotel, Bugis
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Singapore, Bugis
Hotels in Little India
- One Farrer Hotel and Spa, Little India
Hotels on Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Resort, Sentosa
- Capella Singapore Hotel, Sentosa
- ONE15 Marina Club, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Beach Villas, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hard Rock Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, Sentosa
- The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa Managed by Accor, Sentosa
- W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, Sentosa
While I do my best in providing you tips on the hotels according to my knowledge, you bear final responsibility over the choice of hotel that you select. I hope that my tips have been useful to you, and I wish you a wonderful trip ahead.
Thank you for using my website!
Hello and thank you for reading this page. My name is Tim
. I wrote this page to compile what I discover, for my own knowledge, and also to share it with people who might find it useful. It is part of three inter-connected websites: Penang Travel Tips
and Timothy Property Mart
I am a real estate agent, food blogger, amateur historian and travel author. This website is an encyclopedia as well as a business directory. As a real estate agent, I help people buy, sell, rent and let properties. If you have a property to sell or rent in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh or Malacca, my team of realtors and I can help you. If you operate a restaurant, can write about your food and promote your restaurant. I can also help you engage other food bloggers to write about your food. And finally, if you are operating a business anywhere in Malaysia, you can add your shop to this website and be found by lots of customers. All you need to do is contact me with what you need.
You can do many things directly from this website. If you are visiting Penang, I can arrange for you a tour guide and/or driver
to show you around. If you are traveling by bus anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you can book your bus ticket
. If you seek accommodation, you can get hotel room rates
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's message to all who need it, anywhere in the world. If you are open to hearing it, please read God's Good News to You
If you wish to contact me, please use this contact form
. And don't forget to follow me on Facebook
. See you!
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.