Singapore Financial District
(7 July, 2011)
So you are planning your first visit to Singapore. Perhaps you are going there on business, to meet some clients. Perhaps it's a pleasure trip, to sightsee Singapore and enjoy its varied street food. Perhaps you are going there specifically to do some shopping, for it's a shopper's haven. Or, perhaps you are going there for some rest and relaxation, and just want to be away from everything. Whatever the reason, you can do with some helpful tips to choose a hotel that is right for your purpose.
In this article, I offer you the 45 top hotels in Singapore, so there is plenty to choose from. To help you in your selection, I categorize them based on their location.
To make it even very easy for you to identify the various locations, I colour-code each of them.
The downtown core of Singapore is anchored by Raffles City, a huge complex of shopping malls, hotels and offices. Two major MRT lines intersect here. It is across the Singapore River from the Financial District. Whether you are coming to Singapore for business or pleasure, hotels in Downtown offers unrivalled connectivity.
- Financial District & Marina Bay
The Financial District is an area south of the Singapore River with the highest concentration of banks and other financial institutions. This is a concrete canyon of skyscrapers. To the east of this area is Marina Bay, which was developed around the namesake man-made bay, and is regarded as the new downtown. The Marina Bay area has world-class restaurants, shopping malls as well as tourist attractions.
This former plantation land has transformed into the main shopping precinct of Singapore. It has the highest concentration of hotels. If you are coming on a shopping expedition, there is no better place to stay than Orchard.
This area are quays located immediately upriver from downtown, and has become a major food and beverage precinct. It has a high concentration of eateries, from al fresco dining to pubs and restaurants.
This area developed out of a largely Malay neighbourhood to become one of the working-class shopping districts, to the northeast of downtown.
- Little India
If you relish a taste of South India, its sights, sounds and aromas, this is the place to stay. The area is located a short distance to the north of downtown.
- Sentosa Island
This is a holiday island to the south of Singapore mainland. The main activity here is rest, relax, do some sports or burn some money in the casino. This is the place to stay if you plan to get away from it all, but not the ideal if you are coming to Singapore for business, and will be spending the bulk of your visit meeting people in the downtown area.
Where are these hotels?
What better way to see all the best hotels in Singapore, all at a single glance, on a map. And they have all been colour-coded so it's so easy to determine where exactly you would prefer to stay.
Hotels in Downtown Singapore
- Carlton Hotel, Downtown
- Fairmont Singapore, Downtown
- Grand Park City Hall Hotel, Downtown
- Naumi Hotel, Marina Bay
- Raffles Singapore, Downtown
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel, Downtown
Hotels in Financial District and Marina Bay
- Ascott Raffles Place Singapore, Marina Bay
- Conrad Centennial Singapore, Marina Bay
- Marina Bay Sands, Marina Bay
- Marina Mandarin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- Parkroyal On Pickering, Financial District
- Sofitel So Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, Marina Bay
- The Westin Singapore Hotel, Marina Bay
Hotels in Orchard
- Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Goodwood Park Hotel, Orchard
- Grand Hyatt Singapore, Orchard
- Grand Park Orchard, Orchard
- Hilton Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Hotel Fort Canning, Orchard
- Lanson Place Winsland, Orchard
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore, Orchard
- Orchard Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel, Orchard
- Regent Singapore - A Four Seasons Hotel, Orchard
- Shangri-la Hotel Singapore, Orchard
- Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel, Orchard
- Singapore Marriott Hotel, Orchard
- The St. Regis Singapore Hotel, Orchard
Hotels in Riverside
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Riverside
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel, Riverside
Hotels in Bugis
- InterContinental Singapore Hotel, Bugis
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Singapore, Bugis
Hotels in Little India
- One Farrer Hotel and Spa, Little India
Hotels on Sentosa Island
- Amara Sanctuary Resort, Sentosa
- Capella Singapore Hotel, Sentosa
- ONE15 Marina Club, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Beach Villas, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hard Rock Hotel, Sentosa
- Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, Sentosa
- The Singapore Resort and Spa Sentosa Managed by Accor, Sentosa
- W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, Sentosa
While I do my best in providing you tips on the hotels according to my knowledge, you bear final responsibility over the choice of hotel that you select. I hope that my tips have been useful to you, and I wish you a wonderful trip ahead.
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
Visiting Singapore? Get your hotel room here
Compare the room rates from different online booking sites to get the best rates for your trip.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
What's Up @ Singapore Hotels
If you're looking for the latest promotions by the hotels in Singapore
, you can find them all right here
If you are a hotel marketing communications manager, you can have your hotel's promotions added to our listing, and updated every month, free of charge
, by simply establishing a relationship with this website. To establish a relationship, contact me
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.