There are numerous islands and islets
located surrounding the main island of Singapore. Apart from Sentosa Island, which has been turned into a major recreational destination, many of these islands remain uninhabited. Some of these are the site of major industries such as petroleum refinery and shipyards. Such islands are off limits to all except authorized personnel.
On this page I list out the natural as well as man-made islands surrounding Singapore with the information that I have gathered about each of them. Also listed here are former islands that have since been connected to the Singapore mainland.
Land reclamation is an on-going process in Singapore, resulting in the expansion of land area on both the main island of Singapore as well as many of its outlying islands.
- Jurong Island
- Chinese Garden Island - island in Jurong Lake
- Coral Island - island in Sentosa Cove
- Paradise Island - island in Sentosa Cove
- Pearl Island - island in Sentosa Cove
- Pulau Punggol Barat
- Pulau Punggol Timor
- Japanese Garden - island in Jurong Lake
- Sandy Island - island in Sentosa Cove
- Treasure Island - island in Sentosa Cove
- Anak Pulau - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Berhala Reping - island that is now part of Sentosa
- Pulau Ayer Chawan - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Ayer Merbau - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Bakau - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Darat - island that is now part of Sentosa
- Pulau Merlimau - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Mesemut Darat - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Mesemut Laut - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Meskol - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Pesek - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Pesek Kecil - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Saigon - island along Singapore River
- Pulau Sakeng/Pulau Seking - island that is now part of Pulau Semakau
- Pulau Sakra - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Sanyongkong - island that is now part of Pulau Tekong
- Pulau Sejahat - island that is now part of Pulau Tekong
- Pulau Sejahat Kechil - island that is now part of Pulau Tekong
- Pulau Semechek - island that is now part of Pulau Tekong
- Pulau Seraya - island that is now part of Jurong Island
- Pulau Tekong Kechil - island that is now part of Pulau Tekong
- Terumbu Retan Laut - island that is now part of Pasir Panjang Container Terminal of the main island.
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
Visiting Singapore? Get your hotel room here
Compare the room rates from different online booking sites to get the best rates for your trip.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
Explore Singapore made easy with MRT
This comprehensive map of the Singapore Mass Rapid Transit shows you every station in the network, so that you can easily plan your journeys and change trains accordingly. As with the bus and LRT, you are charged a fare according to the distance travelled.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.