(Chinese: 奎因街, Pinyin: Kuí Yīn Jiē) is a road through downtown Singapore
. One of the oldest streets in the city, it covers a long distance beginning at the junction with Arab Street
in the northeast, and ending at the intersection with Stamford Road
(where it continues as Armenian Street
Due to its length, Queen Street has a complicated traffic flow. From Arab Street until the turning in to Fu Lu Shou Complex
parking lot, the traffic flow is in a single direction heading south. Between Fu Lu Shou Complex and the Singapore Management University, it is in two directions, but approaching Bras Basah intersection, it is reduced to one direction going north. From the intersection of Stamford Road
to the intersection of Bras Basah Road
, traffic on Queen Street is also in one direction, heading north.
As with the adjacent Victoria Street
, Queen Street is believed to have been named after Queen Victoria, if not Queen Charlotte. It was an enclave for Eurasians in the 19th century, and today, we can still see the Catholic churches and schools that they built in the area, among them the Church of St Peter & St Paul, St Joseph's Institution (new the Singapore Art Museum
) and the Catholic High School.
Map of Queen Street on the map
Sights along Queen Street
Queen Street, Singaporehttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Queen_Street,_Singapore_4.JPG
- Albert Centre (GPS: 1.30103, 103.85408)
- Auston Institute of Management (GPS: 1.30305, 103.85611)
- BOC Plaza (GPS: 1.29918, 103.85269)
- Bugis+ (GPS: 1.29961, 103.85415)
- Bugis Village (GPS: 1.30089, 103.85522)
- Cathedral of the Good Shepherd (GPS: 1.29609, 103.85118)
- Catholic Centre (GPS: 1.29852, 103.85156)
- Cheng Yan Court (GPS: 1.30042, 103.85364)
- China Cultural Centre (GPS: 1.29814, 103.85198)
- Church of Saints Peter & Paul (GPS: 1.29762, 103.85155)
- Fu Lu Shou Complex (GPS: 1.30144, 103.85446)
- Grace (SCC) Church (GPS: 1.29786, 103.85236)
- Hotel Royal @ Queens (GPS: 1.29759, 103.85214)
- ICB Enterprise House (GPS: 1.29927, 103.8535)
- Kum Yan Methodist Church (GPS: 1.29699, 103.85174)
- Le Danz (GPS: 1.29779, 103.85173)
- Lee Kong Chian School of Business (GPS: 1.2953, 103.85048)
- Little Red Dot (GPS: 1.30039, 103.85437)
- Mercure Hotel (GPS: 1.29966, 103.85301)
- National Design Centre (GPS: 1.2987, 103.85329)
- NTUC (GPS: 1.29664, 103.85168)
- Oxford Hotel (GPS: 1.29792, 103.85186)
- Queen Street/Rochor Road Car Park (GPS: 1.30252, 103.85506)
- Queen Street Bus Terminal (GPS: 1.30339, 103.85658)
- Rochor Centre (GPS: 1.30252, 103.85506)
- SAM at 8Q (GPS: 1.29735, 103.85199)
- Singapore Art Museum (GPS: 1.29734, 103.85101)
- SMU School of Accountancy (GPS: 1.29581, 103.8497)
- St Joseph's Church (GPS: 1.29843, 103.85301)
- The SMU Shop (GPS: 1.29625, 103.85014)
- Waterloo Centre (GPS: 1.29869, 103.85213)
- Wilby Central (GPS: 1.29804, 103.85259)
Queen Street at Hotel Royal Queenshttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Queen_Street,_Singapore_3.JPG
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
Visiting Singapore? Get your hotel room here
Compare the room rates from different online booking sites to get the best rates for your trip.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
Explore Singapore made easy with MRT
This comprehensive map of the Singapore Mass Rapid Transit shows you every station in the network, so that you can easily plan your journeys and change trains accordingly. As with the bus and LRT, you are charged a fare according to the distance travelled.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.