comprises 142 resident species. However, along with migratory birds, there are 180 species of birds that have been seen in the wild in the country, especially at the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
The most common birds in Singapore are the Javan mynah, the house crow, the starling and the bulbul.
There are thirteen threatened species of birds in Singapore. They are listed below:
- Black-winged Starling (Sturnus melanopterus) Critically Endangered Species
- Christmas Island Frigatebird (Fregata andrewsi) Critically Endangered Species
- Spoon-billed Sandpiper (Eurynorhynchus pygmeus) Critically Endangered Species
- Yellow-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua sulphurea) Critically Endangered Species
- Black Partridge (Melanoperdix niger) Vulnerable Species
- Brown-chested Jungle-flycatcher (Rhinomyias brunneatus) Vulnerable Species
- Chinese Egret (Egretta eulophotes) Vulnerable Species
- Crestless Fireback (Lophura erythrophthalma) Vulnerable Species
- Eastern Imperial Eagle (Aquila heliaca) Vulnerable Species
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis) Vulnerable Species
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris) Vulnerable Species
- Great Slaty Woodpecker (Mulleripicus pulverulentus) Vulnerable Species
- Greater Spotted Eagle (Aquila clanga) Vulnerable Species
- Lesser Adjutant (Leptoptilos javanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Malayan Peacock-pheasant (Polyplectron malacense) Vulnerable Species
- Milky Stork (Mycteria cinerea) Vulnerable Species
- Straw-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus zeylanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Yellow-breasted Bunting (Emberiza aureola) Vulnerable Species
- Masked Finfoot (Heliopais personatus) Endangered Species
- Spotted Greenshank (Tringa guttifer) Endangered Species
The conservation status for wildlife is placed on a 7-tier scale as follows:
- Least concern (LC)
- Near Threatened (NT)
- Vulnerable Species (VU)
- Endangered Species (EN)
- Critically Endangered Species (CR)
- Extinct in the Wild (EW)
- Extinct (EX)
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
Visiting Singapore? Get your hotel room here
Compare the room rates from different online booking sites to get the best rates for your trip.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
What's Up @ Singapore Hotels
If you're looking for the latest promotions by the hotels in Singapore
, you can find them all right here
If you are a hotel marketing communications manager, you can have your hotel's promotions added to our listing, and updated every month, free of charge
, by simply establishing a relationship with this website. To establish a relationship, contact me
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.