comprises 142 resident species. However, along with migratory birds, there are 180 species of birds that have been seen in the wild in the country, especially at the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
The most common birds in Singapore are the Javan mynah, the house crow, the starling and the bulbul.
There are thirteen threatened species of birds in Singapore. They are listed below:
- Black-winged Starling (Sturnus melanopterus) Critically Endangered Species
- Christmas Island Frigatebird (Fregata andrewsi) Critically Endangered Species
- Spoon-billed Sandpiper (Eurynorhynchus pygmeus) Critically Endangered Species
- Yellow-crested Cockatoo (Cacatua sulphurea) Critically Endangered Species
- Black Partridge (Melanoperdix niger) Vulnerable Species
- Brown-chested Jungle-flycatcher (Rhinomyias brunneatus) Vulnerable Species
- Chinese Egret (Egretta eulophotes) Vulnerable Species
- Crestless Fireback (Lophura erythrophthalma) Vulnerable Species
- Eastern Imperial Eagle (Aquila heliaca) Vulnerable Species
- Far Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis) Vulnerable Species
- Great Knot (Calidris tenuirostris) Vulnerable Species
- Great Slaty Woodpecker (Mulleripicus pulverulentus) Vulnerable Species
- Greater Spotted Eagle (Aquila clanga) Vulnerable Species
- Lesser Adjutant (Leptoptilos javanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Malayan Peacock-pheasant (Polyplectron malacense) Vulnerable Species
- Milky Stork (Mycteria cinerea) Vulnerable Species
- Straw-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus zeylanicus) Vulnerable Species
- Yellow-breasted Bunting (Emberiza aureola) Vulnerable Species
- Masked Finfoot (Heliopais personatus) Endangered Species
- Spotted Greenshank (Tringa guttifer) Endangered Species
The conservation status for wildlife is placed on a 7-tier scale as follows:
- Least concern (LC)
- Near Threatened (NT)
- Vulnerable Species (VU)
- Endangered Species (EN)
- Critically Endangered Species (CR)
- Extinct in the Wild (EW)
- Extinct (EX)
Thank you for using my website!
Hello and thank you for reading this page. My name is Tim
. I wrote this page to compile what I discover, for my own knowledge, and also to share it with people who might find it useful. It is part of three inter-connected websites: Penang Travel Tips
and Timothy Property Mart
I am a real estate agent, food blogger, amateur historian and travel author. This website is an encyclopedia as well as a business directory. As a real estate agent, I help people buy, sell, rent and let properties. If you have a property to sell or rent in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh or Malacca, my team of realtors and I can help you. If you operate a restaurant, can write about your food and promote your restaurant. I can also help you engage other food bloggers to write about your food. And finally, if you are operating a business anywhere in Malaysia, you can add your shop to this website and be found by lots of customers. All you need to do is contact me with what you need.
You can do many things directly from this website. If you are visiting Penang, I can arrange for you a tour guide and/or driver
to show you around. If you are traveling by bus anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you can book your bus ticket
. If you seek accommodation, you can get hotel room rates
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's message to all who need it, anywhere in the world. If you are open to hearing it, please read God's Good News to You
If you wish to contact me, please use this contact form
. And don't forget to follow me on Facebook
. See you!
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.