The Thomson-East Coast MRT Line
is a planned mass rapid transit line of the Singapore MRT
. The sixth MRT line in Singapore, it is created through the merger of the planned Thomson-East Coast MRT Line and Eastern Region Line. The line will be fully underground, and will have 31 stations over a distance of 43 kilometers (27 miles).
The Thomson-East Coast Line will be a fully automatic, driverless system. The line starts in Woodlands North and ends at Sungei Bedok. Along the way it will pass through Woodlands, Sin Ming, Orchard, Outram Park and the Downtown Core.
The first stage of the Thomson-East Coast Line is expected to open to commuters in 2019, with the second stage in 2020, third stage in 2021, fourth stage in 2023 and final stage in 2024. The line is presently colour coded brown
, but may be changed later. Each station on the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line carries the letter "TS" followed by the Station Number.
Planning for the Thomson-East Coast Line goes back to its initial announcement on 25 January, 2008. Construction work on the line began in January 2014, with a groundbreaking ceremony conducted in Woodlands on 27 June, 2014. There will be just three stations in Stage 1, namely the Woodlands North MRT Station, the existing Woodlands MRT Station
and Woodlands South MRT Station. The Woodlands MRT Station will serve as an interchange for the Thomson-East Coast Line with the North South Line
At time of this update (June 2016), stations in Stage 2 and Stage 3 are under construction.
Map of the Thomson-East Coast Line
Stations on the MRT Thomson-East Coast MRT Line
- Woodlands North MRT Station (GPS: 1.4488, 103.78565, TE1)
- Woodlands MRT Station (GPS: 1.43701, 103.78646, TE2/NS9)
- Woodlands South MRT Station (GPS: 1.42741, 103.79371, TE3)
- Springleaf MRT Station (GPS: 1.39837, 103.81799, TE4)
- Lentor MRT Station (GPS: 1.38461, 103.83655, TE5)
- Mayflower MRT Station (GPS: 1.37147, 103.83669, TE6)
- Bright Hill MRT Station (GPS: 1.3638, 103.83354, TE7)
- Upper Thomson MRT Station (GPS: 1.35452, 103.83296, TE8)
- Caldecott MRT Station (GPS: 1.33776, 103.8394, TE9/CC17)
- Mount Pleasant MRT Station (GPS: 1.3286, 103.83504, TE10)
- Stevens MRT Station (GPS: 1.32008, 103.8259, TE11/DT10)
- Napier MRT Station (GPS: 1.30638, 103.81888, TE12)
- Orchard Boulevard MRT Station (GPS: 1.30243, 103.82395, TE13)
- Orchard MRT Station (GPS: 1.30468, 103.83195, TE14/NS22)
- Great World MRT Station (GPS: 1.29477, 103.83304, TE15)
- Havelock MRT Station (GPS: 1.2885, 103.83342, TE16)
- Outram Park MRT Station (GPS: 1.28153, 103.83914, TE17/EW16/NE3)
- Maxwell MRT Station (GPS: 1.28055, 103.84366, TE18)
- Shenton Way MRT Station (GPS: 1.27765, 103.85025, TE19)
- Marina Bay MRT Station (GPS: 1.27613, 103.85461, TE20/NS27/CE2)
- Marina South MRT Station (GPS: 1.27418, 103.86324, TE21)
- Gardens by the Bay MRT Station (GPS: 1.28044, 103.86871, TE22)
- Tanjong Rhu MRT Station (GPS: 1.29712, 103.87318, TE23)
- Katong Park MRT Station (GPS: 1.29767, 103.88577, TE24)
- Tanjong Katong MRT Station (GPS: 1.29924, 103.89734, TE24)
- Marine Parade MRT Station (GPS: 1.30411, 103.90685, TE26)
- Marine Terrace MRT Station (GPS: 1.30661, 103.91494, TE27)
- Siglap MRT Station (GPS: 1.30958, 103.92896, TE28)
- Bayshore MRT Station (GPS: 1.31359, 103.94085, TE29)
- Bedok South MRT Station (GPS: 1.31741, 103.94844, TE30)
- Sungei Bedok MRT Station (GPS: 1.32087, 103.95817, TE31/DT37)
Add your business to my website
This website of mine is a unique directory of places and businesses. If you operate a business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you may contact me to add your business/shop in. It only requires a one-time fee, and you may opt for either "contact listing only" or "full webpage of your own". As this website gets a lot of organic traffic, you will enjoy lots of exposure from people looking for the products and services that you provide. To find out more about adding your business/shop to this site, CONTACT ME
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Looking for a book? Get it from Book Depository with free delivery worldwide!
I have just discovered Book Depository
, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, and I love it. This is where you can buy books and have them sent to you. But unlike Amazon, when you purchase using Book Depository, you enjoy free delivery worldwide. Give it a try today!
What's Up @ Singapore Hotels
If you're looking for the latest promotions by the hotels in Singapore
, you can find them all right here
If you are a hotel marketing communications manager, you can have your hotel's promotions added to our listing, and updated every month, free of charge
, by simply establishing a relationship with this website. To establish a relationship, contact me
Book Your Express Bus Ticket
| Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
Planning Areas of Singapore
"Planning Areas" are the de facto districts of Singapore. This map shows you all the planning areas of the island nation. Click on them to get to know each area.
Discover the World
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.