The Thomson-East Coast MRT Line
is a planned mass rapid transit line of the Singapore MRT
. The sixth MRT line in Singapore, it is created through the merger of the planned Thomson-East Coast MRT Line and Eastern Region Line. The line will be fully underground, and will have 31 stations over a distance of 43 kilometers (27 miles).
The Thomson-East Coast Line will be a fully automatic, driverless system. The line starts in Woodlands North and ends at Sungei Bedok. Along the way it will pass through Woodlands, Sin Ming, Orchard, Outram Park and the Downtown Core.
The first stage of the Thomson-East Coast Line is expected to open to commuters in 2019, with the second stage in 2020, third stage in 2021, fourth stage in 2023 and final stage in 2024. The line is presently colour coded brown
, but may be changed later. Each station on the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line carries the letter "TS" followed by the Station Number.
Planning for the Thomson-East Coast Line goes back to its initial announcement on 25 January, 2008. Construction work on the line began in January 2014, with a groundbreaking ceremony conducted in Woodlands on 27 June, 2014. There will be just three stations in Stage 1, namely the Woodlands North MRT Station, the existing Woodlands MRT Station
and Woodlands South MRT Station. The Woodlands MRT Station will serve as an interchange for the Thomson-East Coast Line with the North South Line
At time of this update (June 2016), stations in Stage 2 and Stage 3 are under construction.
Map of the Thomson-East Coast Line
Stations on the MRT Thomson-East Coast MRT Line
- Woodlands North MRT Station (GPS: 1.4488, 103.78565, TE1)
- Woodlands MRT Station (GPS: 1.43701, 103.78646, TE2/NS9)
- Woodlands South MRT Station (GPS: 1.42741, 103.79371, TE3)
- Springleaf MRT Station (GPS: 1.39837, 103.81799, TE4)
- Lentor MRT Station (GPS: 1.38461, 103.83655, TE5)
- Mayflower MRT Station (GPS: 1.37147, 103.83669, TE6)
- Bright Hill MRT Station (GPS: 1.3638, 103.83354, TE7)
- Upper Thomson MRT Station (GPS: 1.35452, 103.83296, TE8)
- Caldecott MRT Station (GPS: 1.33776, 103.8394, TE9/CC17)
- Mount Pleasant MRT Station (GPS: 1.3286, 103.83504, TE10)
- Stevens MRT Station (GPS: 1.32008, 103.8259, TE11/DT10)
- Napier MRT Station (GPS: 1.30638, 103.81888, TE12)
- Orchard Boulevard MRT Station (GPS: 1.30243, 103.82395, TE13)
- Orchard MRT Station (GPS: 1.30468, 103.83195, TE14/NS22)
- Great World MRT Station (GPS: 1.29477, 103.83304, TE15)
- Havelock MRT Station (GPS: 1.2885, 103.83342, TE16)
- Outram Park MRT Station (GPS: 1.28153, 103.83914, TE17/EW16/NE3)
- Maxwell MRT Station (GPS: 1.28055, 103.84366, TE18)
- Shenton Way MRT Station (GPS: 1.27765, 103.85025, TE19)
- Marina Bay MRT Station (GPS: 1.27613, 103.85461, TE20/NS27/CE2)
- Marina South MRT Station (GPS: 1.27418, 103.86324, TE21)
- Gardens by the Bay MRT Station (GPS: 1.28044, 103.86871, TE22)
- Tanjong Rhu MRT Station (GPS: 1.29712, 103.87318, TE23)
- Katong Park MRT Station (GPS: 1.29767, 103.88577, TE24)
- Tanjong Katong MRT Station (GPS: 1.29924, 103.89734, TE24)
- Marine Parade MRT Station (GPS: 1.30411, 103.90685, TE26)
- Marine Terrace MRT Station (GPS: 1.30661, 103.91494, TE27)
- Siglap MRT Station (GPS: 1.30958, 103.92896, TE28)
- Bayshore MRT Station (GPS: 1.31359, 103.94085, TE29)
- Bedok South MRT Station (GPS: 1.31741, 103.94844, TE30)
- Sungei Bedok MRT Station (GPS: 1.32087, 103.95817, TE31/DT37)
Discover the various train lines that I have described on this website
Thank you for using my website!
Hello and thank you for reading this page. My name is Tim
. I wrote this page to compile what I discover, for my own knowledge, and also to share it with people who might find it useful. It is part of three inter-connected websites: Penang Travel Tips
and Timothy Property Mart
I am a real estate agent, food blogger, amateur historian and travel author. This website is an encyclopedia as well as a business directory. As a real estate agent, I help people buy, sell, rent and let properties. If you have a property to sell or rent in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh or Malacca, my team of realtors and I can help you. If you operate a restaurant, can write about your food and promote your restaurant. I can also help you engage other food bloggers to write about your food. And finally, if you are operating a business anywhere in Malaysia, you can add your shop to this website and be found by lots of customers. All you need to do is contact me with what you need.
You can do many things directly from this website. If you are visiting Penang, I can arrange for you a tour guide and/or driver
to show you around. If you are traveling by bus anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, you can book your bus ticket
. If you seek accommodation, you can get hotel room rates
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's message to all who need it, anywhere in the world. If you are open to hearing it, please read God's Good News to You
If you wish to contact me, please use this contact form
. And don't forget to follow me on Facebook
. See you!
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.