- Ang Thong Aquarium: A place to admire different species of fish including the Amazon serpent-headed fish.
- City Pillar Shrine: One of the two city pillar shrines in the province, it has murals on its interior walls.
- Drum-Making Village: The village of Ban Phae, renowned for the production of traditional drums since 1927.
- Phanthai Norasing Monument: Monument built in 1988 to commemorate the steersman of the Ekachai Royal Barge who was executed for not being able to control the barge and allowing it to crash into branches. Similar to the Phanthai Norasing Shrine in Samut Sakhon Province.
- Thai-style House Models: Centre for creating Thai-style house models.
- Wat Ang Thong Worawihan: A third-class royal monastery located across from the Ang Thong City Hall.
- Wat Chantharangsi: Temple sprawled across both sides of the road, with a sacred Buddha statue on one side and a viharn with the largest metal Buddha statue in the world, made in 1996, on the other.
- Wat Mathurotsatiyaram: Buddhist temple believed to be from the late Ayutthaya period, with remains of its ubosoth, chedi and viharn.
- Wat Pa Mok Worawihan: Buddhist temple with a gilded reclining Buddha.
- Wat Phinitthammasan: Buddhist temple from the late Ayutthaya period. It has a large seated Buddha image.
- Wat Plotsat: Buddhist temple with a large tower made of bricks.
- Wat Ratchapaksi: Also known as Wat Nok, this temple has a large reclining Buddha.
- Wat Sa Kaeo: Buddhist temple that doubles as an orphanage. It also has a cottage industry centre initiated by Her Majesty the Queen in 1981.
- Wat Suwansewariyaram: Buddhist temple with a 20-meter long reclining Buddha.
- Wat Tha Sutthawat: Ancient Buddhist temple from the early Ayutthaya period.
- Wat Thanon: Buddhist temple with a slightly larger than life statue of the Buddha in the standing posture.
- Wat Thonson: Ancient Buddhist temple housing a beautiful seated Buddha statue known as the Somdet Phra Si Mueangthong.
Wat Tha Suthawat, Ang Thong Province: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AngThongWThaSuthawat-0609d.jpg
Visiting Thailand? Find your accommodation here
Compare room rates from different hotel booking sites and choose the best for your visit to Thailand!
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Provinces of Thailand
Let me take you to explore Thailand, province by province. The map below shows you all the provinces of the kingdom. Click on each of them for the details.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.