Rama I Road, Bangkok
(30 December, 2002)
Rama I Road
(Thai: ถนนพระรามที่ 1
) is a major shopping boulevard in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. It connects Bamrung Muang Road in the west with Phloen Chit Road in the east. The road is intersected by Krung Kasem Road, Rama VI Road, Banthat Thong Road, Soi Shulalongkorn 5, Kasem San Alley 3, Kasem San Alley 2, Kasem San Alley 1, Phayathai Road and ends at Ratchadamri Road.
Rama I Road was named after King Phutthayotfa Chulalok, the founder of the Rattanakosin Kingdom of the Chakri Dynasty. The road was originally known as Pathum Wan Road. It is in presently Pathum Wan District of Bangkok. The road was renamed Rama I Road during the reign of Rama VI (King Vajiravudh).
Map of Rama I Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Sights along Rama I Road, Bangkok, Thailand
- Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (GPS: 13.74677, 100.53036)
- CentralWorld (GPS: 13.74659, 100.53154)
- Charoen Phon Intersection (GPS: 13.74745, 100.52376)
- Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (GPS: 13.74904, 100.51689)
- Department of Tourism (GPS: 13.74664, 100.52699)
- Gaysorn (GPS: 13.74486, 100.54065)
- Holiday Inn Express (GPS: 13.74704, 100.52767)
- Khlong Ong Ang (GPS: 13.74904, 100.51689)
- Mazda Pathumwan (GPS: 13.74663, 100.52963)
- MBK Center (GPS: 13.74555, 100.53001)
- Mercure Ibis Bangkok Siam (GPS: 13.74684, 100.5288)
- Metalion Tower 1 (GPS: 13.74765, 100.52128)
- National Stadium (GPS: 13.74674, 100.52595)
- National Stadium BTS Station (GPS: 13.74765, 100.52128)
- Nimibutr Stadium (GPS: 13.74567, 100.52889)
- Pathumwan Institute of Technology (GPS: 13.74727, 100.52578)
- Phong Phraram Intersection (GPS: 13.74797, 100.52075)
- Royal Thai Police Headquarters (GPS: 13.74489, 100.53376)
- Shell Rama I Road (GPS: 13.74754, 100.52207)
- [email protected] Design Hotel Bangkok (GPS: 13.74778, 100.523)
- Siam BTS Station (GPS: 13.74559, 100.53405)
- Siam Center (GPS: 13.74628, 100.5328)
- Siam Discovery Center (GPS: 13.74659, 100.53154)
- Siam Motors Yamaha (GPS: 13.74702, 100.52799)
- Siam Paragon (GPS: 13.7461, 100.53411)
- Siam Square One (GPS: 13.74489, 100.53376)
- Srijulsup Building (GPS: 13.74768, 100.5202)
- Suksapanpanit (GPS: 13.7465, 100.52785)
- Tesco Lotus Rama I Road (GPS: 13.74821, 100.52452)
- Wat Chai Mongkol (GPS: 13.74778, 100.523)
- Wat Chamni Hatthakan @ Wat Sam Ngam (GPS: 13.7484, 100.5194)
- Wat Pathum Wanaram (GPS: 13.7459, 100.53674)
- Wat Sa Bua (GPS: 13.74804, 100.51851)
Google Street View of sights along Rama I Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Road sign showing start of Rama I Road in Bangkok, Thailand
Wat Sa Bua, Rama I Road, Bangkok Thailand.
Wat Chamni Hatthakan (Wat Sam Ngam), Rama I Road, Bangkok Thailand.
Wat Chai Mongkol, Rama I Road, Bangkok Thailand.
National Stadium, Rama I Road, Bangkok Thailand.
Department of Tourism, Bangkok Thailand.
Bangkok Art and Culture Centre.
Rama I Road
Visiting Bangkok any time soon?
Use our search engine to compare and select the online booking site that offers you the best room rate based on your travel period.
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Provinces of Thailand
Let me take you to explore Thailand, province by province. The map below shows you all the provinces of the kingdom. Click on each of them for the details.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.