Krabi Province, Thailand
(3 November, 2005)
, is a province of Thailand in the Southern Region. It faces the Andaman Sea, and is bordered by Phang Nga Province tothe west, Surat Thani Province to the north, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province to the east and Trang Province to the southeast.
Krabi Province covers 4,708 sq km (1,818 sq mi) and has a population of 438,000 people (2012 estimate). It ranks 46th in terms of size and 64th in terms of population. The province is divided into 8 districts or amphoe, namely Mueang Krabi (Krabi Town)
, Khao Phanom, Ko Lanta, Khlong Thom, Ao Luek, Plai Phraya, Lam Thap and Nuea Khlong. The provincial capital is Krabi Town.
Map of Krabi Province
Places of Interest in Krabi Province
- Ao Nang (GPS: 8.03126, 98.82197) อ่าวนาง A bay that has developed into Krabi's main tourist destination.
- Railay Beach (GPS: 8.01333, 98.83742)
- Khao Pra-Bang Khram Wildlife Sanctuary เขตรักษาพันธุ์สัตว์ป่าเขาประ - บางคราม
- Khlong Thom Hot Waterfall (GPS: 7.90492, 99.10876) น้ำตกร้อนคลองท่อม A waterfall within a hot spring.
- Ko Lanta (GPS: 7.62436, 99.07922)
- Ko Ngai เกาะไหง @ Koh Hai (เกาะไหง (GPS: 7.41557, 99.20375)
- Ko Poda (GPS: 7.97181, 98.80949)
- Ko Poda Nok (GPS: 7.9539, 98.80686)
- Ko Ma Tang Ming (GPS: 7.97757, 98.80874)
- Ko Maiphai เกาะไม้ไผ่ (GPS: 7.81729, 98.79549)
- Ko Mor (GPS: .96101, 98.80999)
- Ko Tap (GPS: 7.96081, 98.81208)
- Ko Yung เกาะยุง (GPS: 7.81704, 98.77296)
- Noppharat Thara Beach (GPS: 8.04181, 98.81163) หาดนพรัตน์ธารา A beach area located next to Aonang.
- Tha Pom Khlong Song Nam (GPS: 8.21394, 98.77813) A crystal-clear river in the middle of a mangrove swamp.
- Phi Phi Island (GPS: 7.74073, 98.77841) หมู่เกาะพีพี One of the most beautiful islands in the world.
- Pranang Beach
- Sra Morakot (GPS: 7.92159, 99.25967)
- Susan Hoi (GPS: 8.02258, 98.8831) สุสานหอย A beach with fossil remains.
- Wat Khlong Thom Thai Buddhist temple in the district of Khlong Thom.
National Parks in Krabi Province
1. Mu Koh Phi Phi National Park.
2. Mu Ko Lanta National Park อุทยานแห่งชาติหมู่เกาะลันตา
Motorboat afloat in the crystal clear lagoon of Phi Phi Ley
(4 November, 2005)
Evidence of human habitation in the area of Krabi Province goes back as far as 35,000 BC, based on discovery of human remains there. Documented history goes back to the 13th century, when the Kingdom of Ligor was established. In more recent history, Krabi was part of Nakhon Si Thammarat until 1875, when the province was created. The provincial capital was initially at Ban Talad Kao, but was relocated to the mouth of the Krabi River in 1900.
Krabi Province is noted for its karst landscape, with numerous limestone outcrops on land and in the form of islets in the sea. Perhaps the most famous tourist attractions are the islands of Phi Phi and Ko Lanta.
Sra Morakot, Krabi Province
(3 November, 2005)
Andaman Sea, as seen from Ko Ngai towards Trang Province
(11 May, 2014)
Visiting Thailand? Find your accommodation here
Compare room rates from different hotel booking sites and choose the best for your visit to Thailand!
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Provinces of Thailand
Let me take you to explore Thailand, province by province. The map below shows you all the provinces of the kingdom. Click on each of them for the details.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.