Phra Ram Ratchaniwethttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ban_peun01.jpg
is a province of Thailand on the northern part of the Isthmus of Kra. It covers 6,225 square kilometers and has a population of 467,000 people (2011 estimate). The provincial capital is called Phetchaburi Town.
Phetchaburi Province is bordered by Ratchaburi Province
to the northwest, Samut Songkhram Province
to the northeast, the Gulf of Thailand to the east, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province
to the south, and Myanmar
to the west. The Tanaosi Mountains separates Phetchaburi Province from Myanmar.
On the western part of Phetchaburi Province, covering an area close to half the entire province, is Kaeng Krachan National Park
, the largest national park in Thailand. The national park is clad mostly in rainforest, and is rich in various fauna and flora.
Phetchaburi Province on Google Street View
On this street view, I show Thanon Phetkasem (Route AH2) as it passes through Phetchaburi.
Hat Cha Amhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cha_Am_Beach.jpg
Tourist Attractions in Phetchaburi Province
Maruekhathaiyawan Palace in Cha Amhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mrigadayavan_Palace_by_Heuristics.jpg
- Hat Cha Am, a seaside resort
- Hat Chao Samran, which means "beach of royal leisure", as legend has it that King Naresuan the Great and King Eka Thotsarot had their holidays there.
- Hat Puek Tian
- Huai Sai Wildlife Breeding Centre, located 14 km south of Cha-am.
- Kaeng Krachan Dam, a reservoir with panoramic views all around.
- Khao Luang Caves, or Tham Khao Luang, a cave that houses a Buddha image cast under the command of King Rama V and dedicated to King Rama III
- Maruekhathaiyawan Palace, the royal summer residence of King Rama VI in the 1920s.
- Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park, an area preserving historical temples and old palace complex.
- Phra Ram Ratchaniwet, European-style palace built on the command of King Rama V as a rainy season palace, in 1916.
- Wat Kamphaeng Laeng, originally a Khmer temple that was converted into a Thai Buddhist temple.
- Wat Mahathat Worawihan, a five-tier constructed in the Mahayana Buddhist style. It enshrines Buddha relics.
- Wat Yai Suwannaram, Buddhist temple housing 300-year-old murals depicting Buddhist legends.
Visiting Thailand? Find your accommodation here
Compare room rates from different hotel booking sites and choose the best for your visit to Thailand!
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Provinces of Thailand
Let me take you to explore Thailand, province by province. The map below shows you all the provinces of the kingdom. Click on each of them for the details.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.