Prachin Buri Province
is a province in Eastern Thailand. It covers 4,762.4 square kilometers (1,839 sq mi) and has a population of about half a million people (2012 estimate).
The Prachin Buri River flows through the province, dividing it into two parts. Among the highlands in the province include the Sankamphaeng Range and the Dong Phaya Yen mountains. Prachin Buri is bordered by Nakhon Ratchasima Province
to the north, Sa Kaeo Province
to the east, Chachoengsao Province
to the south and Nakhon Nayok Province
to the west.
Sights in Prachin Buri Province
Amphoe Si Mahosot
Amphoe Si Maha Phot
- Luangpho Thawarawadi, a 1.63-meter greenish sandstone Buddha image from the Dvaravati period.
- Sa Morakot Archaeological Site, a place where ancient Buddhist monuments have been uncovered. Among the discoveries include the largest and oldest Buddha Footprint in Thailand.
- Si Mahosot Ancient Town is a settlement from the Dvaravati period, and includes remains of moat, mound and other ancient monuments.
- Ton Pho Si Maha Pho, the oldest and largest bodhi tree in Thailand, located in Amphoe Si Mahasot.
- Wat Bang Krabao, a Thai Buddhist temple with thousands of bats living on the trees there.
- Lum Mueang is a site with 48 holes, probably made during ancient times.
- Phan Hin Ancient Monument is an ancient structure that is assumed to be a shrine to the Hindu god Vishnu, and built between 7th and 9th century, during the reign of King Jayavarman I of Chenla.
- Royal Handwriting Monument is a monument bearing royal initials commemorating the visit of King Rama V to Prachin Buri in 1908.
There are buses to Prachin Buri from Bangkok. From the Bangkok Northeastern Bus Terminal on Kamphaeng Phet Road, buses leave for Prachin Buri, arriving in two hours. There are also four trains from Bangkok to Prachin Buri.
Location of Prachin Buri Province on the map
Visiting Thailand? Find your accommodation here
Compare room rates from different hotel booking sites and choose the best for your visit to Thailand!
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
Provinces of Thailand
Let me take you to explore Thailand, province by province. The map below shows you all the provinces of the kingdom. Click on each of them for the details.
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2019 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.