Seaside in Bodrum, Turkeyhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bodrum_Seaside_2008.JPG
is a seaport in southwestern Turkey. Located in Muğla Province, Bodrum has a population of 120,000 (2011 estimate). The city has been around since ancient times, when it was called Halicarnassus of Caria.
Bodrum is the site of the Mausoleum of Mausolus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The present name Bodrum comes from Petronium, which was the Castle of St Peter, built by the Knights Hospitaller. It is also called Bodrum Castle today.
Shops in Bodrumhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bodrumtarg.jpg
Bodrum experiences a Mediterranean climate with hot, humid summers and mild, sunny winters. Hottest month is July, when the average high temperature may reach 34.2°C (93.6°F). Coldest month is February, when the average low temperature drops to 8°C (46.4°F). December is the wettest month, receiving 156.2 mm (6.15 in) of precipitation.
You can fly to Bodrum from Istanbul and Ankara. The airport is 35 km from the city center. There are shuttle services for each arriving plane to downtown Bodrum. The fare is 17 TL.
You can also take a ferryboat to Bodrum from the Greek islands of Kos and Rhodes.
Castle of St Peter, Bodrumhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bodrum_castle2.jpg
Sights & Attractions in Bodrum
- Antique Theater of Halicarnassus: This is one of the few sights of ancient Halicarnassus that is still quite visible. It is on the south slopes of the Görtepe district.
- Bodrum Hamam: Turkish bath housed in an old stone building where you can enjoy a professional Turkish bath experience.
- Castle of St Peter: Also called Bodrum Castle, this is the most distinctive landmark of the city. Construction began in 1406 by the Knights of St John.
- Halikarnas Disco: One of the most famous nightclubs in Turkey, it is located on the waterfront with views of the Castle of St Peter.
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus: Now nothing more than a pile of rubble, the scattered stones were once a colossal mausoleum that was recognised as a Wonder of the Ancient World.
- Myndos Gate: The western exit from ancient Halicarnassus. What we see today is a structure restored in 1998 after it was torn down by Alexander the Great in 334 BC.
- Tersane: The old dockyard of Bodrum located at the tip of Arsenal Point opposite the Castle of St Peter. Built by the Ottomans in the 18th century, the dockyard is now undergoing restoration.
- Zeki Müren Museum: Museum celebrating the memory of Turkey's most accomplished and beloved singer and composer, a flamboyant character often called the Turkish Liberace.
Add your business/shop to my site
How would you like to have your business or shop added to this website, so that would-be customers can easily find you? This website provides place information of the whole world, with special emphasis on Malaysia and Singapore.
If you has a shop or business anywhere in Malaysia or Singapore, with a physical location, you may have your shop listed on one of the pages of this site. For example, a shop in Cheras will be placed on the Cheras page, another in Kota Bharu is listed in the Kota Bharu page, and so on. You only need to pay a one-time fee, and your shop will be listed for you for as long as this site is still running. There are different placement plans available. To find out more, CONTACT ME
If you're travelling somewhere, look for accommodation using the Search Hotel engine below. It helps you find the online booking site that offers the best rates for the room you want.
Going somewhere by express bus in Malaysia/Singapore?
Book your bus ticket online right here.
It is easy, safe and fast!.
Book your hotel room here
If you're traveling somewhere soon, book your hotel room online with Agoda. Agoda offers the best prices on 2,000,000+ properties worldwide. Click here
to find the room you want.
Looking for a book? Get it from Book Depository with free delivery worldwide!
I have just discovered Book Depository
, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, and I love it. This is where you can buy books and have them sent to you. But unlike Amazon, when you purchase using Book Depository, you enjoy free delivery worldwide. Give it a try today!
Hire a car
| Our Recipes
| Facebook Posts
| Just Curious
| Not In The Dictionary
| Our Flowering Garden
My YouTube Videos
Check out my YouTube Channel
and don't forget to subscribe!
About Timothy Tye
Welcome to my website, Discover with Timothy Tye
. I started it in 2003 to freely share information about places. Today it has close to thirty thousand pages. I have been writing this website full time since 1 November 2007, and continue to do so as a means to satisfy my curiosity about the world around me. I am happy if the information I have assembled is useful to you. Please follow me on Facebook
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to those who need it all over the world. If you wish to contact me, please submit the contact form
. Thanks again, don't forget to follow me on Facebook
Malaysia Travel Tips!
My Malaysia Travel Tips
has useful information on every state in Malaysia (Johor
, Negeri Sembilan
) and every major city and destination (Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Cameron Highlands
, Kota Kinabalu
, Alor Setar
, Petaling Jaya
, Kota Bharu
, Kuala Terengganu
) and hundreds of smaller towns.
Singapore Travel Tips!
In addition to covering Malaysia, I have created the travel tips for Singapore. Please visit my Singapore Travel Tips
for browse through the pages there.
This website is hosted on Bluehost
, one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.